Thread: Hallway Table

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Very nice design. The style fits the scale very well. I think its very important that all the legs look the same. But I disagree with a previous comment. I don't see achieving that kind of uniformity with a band saw and drum sander. The template approach makes a lot of sense. I wonder what this would look like with a natural finish and made from cherry, or would it look better with mahogany?
    Pat
    This has been a 'Prototype' checking out the design and method of construction. You will notce in the video one leg is produced from 'Pine' and the other is from our local Timber 'Jarrah' almost like 'Mahogany' and it is my intention to produce a smaller version (not so long) to fit in Our dining room between two doors. This will also match the dining room furniture I have already created. What I was demonstrating was the method how I was able to produce all five legs exactly the same shape with only the router as the main tool. The original leg design I had changed, this was the shape I was teaching 'Blind' people how to produce the legs when making the pedestal table which is also the other video I had submitted to you Tube. It's all about experimenting with the use of the router and how it can be used more creatively and safer. In that particular video I designed and created a new method of securing the material.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images