Thread: Skycaddie battery charging

Skycaddie battery charging

I recently bought a refurbed Skycaddie 3.5 from Skygolf. This unit ships with 3 AAA regular batteries and nothing else. I called the company and this unit will take rechargable batteries and can do it while in the unit. I have a Garmin Nuvi with a car charger and the connection looks identical. The output from the Nuvi cable is 5V. I cannot find any specs for the Golf GPS. Can anone tell me if this will work.

Thanks for any info you might have.

I don't have a Skycaddie but this may help you.

http://www.skygolf.com/skygolf/suppo...UserGuide.ashx

don't know, but three AAA's should be 4.5+ volts so maybe.

I have the GolfLogix and bought a four place charger and rechargeable batteries. keep two in the gps, and four in the golf bag, replace as needed and re-charge at home. Each set lasts about three rounds of golf. When I use up two sets I take them into the house and re-charge while I use the other set. has been working out well for me for a few years now.

Re-chargeable batteries are the way to go. get good ones. The best ones I have are PowerEx, i think 2800's.

Thanks Rick. I decided that's what I'm going to do. I bought a AA-AAA 4 place unit. Now I can also keep all my units charged.