Thread: Any Engraving Conventions we could attend

Any Engraving Conventions we could attend

We are "thinking" of purchasing an Epilog as a retirement business and would like to learn more before taking the plunge.

Are there any National Engraving Conventions that share, teach and promote Laser Engraving as a business? With clinics, vendor booths etc.

Thanks in advance..

Rich

To get you started

Rich,

The Awards and Recogntion Association holds its annual convention in Feb. Here is the link. http://www.ara.org/
    This is a large show held in Vegas in Feb. with many vendors there as well as educational seminars. It is an excellent place to get your start.
    Other members can chime in about other shows. I mentioned this one as I am a member and have attended the show in the past
    In the meantime keep reading here. There is a wealth of knowledge for newbies to learn about lasers, and if you can't find what you're looking for, just ask. There are many here that have years of experience and love to help out.
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Rich,

Check out this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=144627

There is a convention in Buffalo NY this coming Oct. 8-9 where they will have demos, classes and business advice. The guy who organized it is a great guy, my Epilog dealer, Jeff Aichinger, who will take the time to answer all your questions.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Blog Entries
    Rich,

Go in to those shows with eyes wide open, though... even the best vendors will promise you millions in return with their machines making all kinds of stuff that never really sells(or doesn't sell for more than bubble gum money). You have to find your niche, don't let them find it for you...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dee- thank you for the kind words. We know what we want from those who serve us as reps and we want to offer our clients that same level of service. I hope we do a good job but it's always nice to hear feedback. Thanks again and I'll look forward to seeing you and the hubby at our conference.

Rich- the good news is that your Epilog rep, my good friend Terry Viles, is planning to be at our conference. If you've not met with him, this would be a good opportunity. Also, Mike Dean from the Epilog factory will be there as one of our featured speakers. We'll also have 15 vendors in addition to Epilog who will have displays and representatives there for you to inspect. I'll admit to being very biased but I think our event will give you great insight into our industry. Hope you can make it. One tip if you do want to come - get your guest room reservation quickly as we're down to just a few rooms at the Ramada. Once they are gone, we'll have some good options for you off site, but it's most always best to stay under the same roof as the meetings.