Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little catch up, a wood gloat, and a quiz!

Birdbath?
    Shallow sink?
    Art piece symbolizing the origins of life on earth and it's reciprocal relationship with water as concatenator, parent and lover?
    Cool round gizmo with a wavy bit near the hole in the bottom?
    E: All of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Silva View Post
    Art piece symbolizing the origins of life on earth and it's reciprocal relationship with water as concatenator, parent and lover?
    Jim, I thought my theme was getting 'deep' until I read this!!! I love the thought you put into this, though....hmmmm.....future turning.....hmmmmm??

Looks like curly ash to me.

Dale M

Nice work on all John. I am looking forward to seeing whatever it is. The depth of my imagination is pretty shallow so won't even venture a guess.

Blog Entries
    Quiz - Okay if it has something maybe to do with water and ripples. Maybe this will work. I use this phrase often when I begin a funeral message:

"Lives are like a pebble tossed into a pond, leaving ever widening rings and ripples of influence. Long after a stone disappears, the ripples continue. Just so, after a person passes from our sight, the impact of his knowledge, values, sacrifices and faith, live on in the membership of the family of love." - Jon Lanier
    Have a Nice Day!

Looks like the saucer section of the star ship Enterprise
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt View Post
    Looks like the saucer section of the star ship Enterprise
    By golly, you are right!! I may have to revise my plan on this piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lanier View Post
    Quiz - Okay if it has something maybe to do with water and ripples. Maybe this will work. I use this phrase often when I begin a funeral message:

"Lives are like a pebble tossed into a pond, leaving ever widening rings and ripples of influence. Long after a stone disappears, the ripples continue. Just so, after a person passes from our sight, the impact of his knowledge, values, sacrifices and faith, live on in the membership of the family of love." - Jon Lanier
    Jon, what a wonderful and meaningful expression!! I could probably stop where I am, and go with that! But, I think I will carry this one out to its conclusion.....which no one has guessed yet!
    Last edited by John Keeton; 09-10-2010 at 3:12 PM.

Poo. Falling in a potty. What? It's the circle of life people! You eat and then you poo. It's a stick and it gets suspended. Did I win?
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shinall View Post
    Poo. Falling in a potty. What? It's the circle of life people! You eat and then you poo. It's a stick and it gets suspended. Did I win?
    LOL

You could use zebrawood for a portion of the project... It smells like poo already!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shinall View Post
    It's the circle of life people! You eat and then you poo.
    Joe, I thought it was 'dust to dust' !!

In any event, if things don't go well with this piece, you have offered a great fall back plan! New title - Pile o' Poo!

11. Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Joe, I thought it was 'dust to dust' !!

In any event, if things don't go well with this piece, you have offered a great fall back plan! New title - Pile o' Poo!

I think we need a shovel already!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

It would seem that the humor in this thread has taken a nose dive to somewhere around second grade level…
    David DeCristoforo

13. Perhaps something along the theme of an Alan Carter suspended vessel ...

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    It would seem that the humor in this thread has taken a nose dive to somewhere around second grade level…
    It's Friday, David - our brains are mush by this point!

William, I am familiar with Alan's work, and have often thought about doing something along those lines. He has some very interesting pieces! I believe the one you posted was on WoW recently .

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    Just wait til beer-thirty!