Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entertainment Center Complete

Looks great...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Great job that looks amazing.

Looks good. I see you got that body cleaned off the floor too

That is an outstanding job and very well appointed! Looks like a VERY comfortable room!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

What if you get a bigger TV?

That looks really, really nice!

I really like the mission oak design.The low luster finish looks very appropriate for this project. I would love to have this in my living room. Where did you end up getting the pulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie McGuire View Post
    Looks good. I see you got that body cleaned off the floor too
    Took me a min to figure that out. The six year old is pretty stealthy. I didn't notice he made it into the picture until it was too late.

This was also the project that allowed me to justify a spray finishing system. I can't believe how much faster it was than brushing. It had to be 10x faster.

Thanks for everyone for all the nice compliments. This project really pushed my skills and knowledge.

Dave, I got the pulls off of ebay. I spent about a month looking for the right HW. These were reasonably priced. PM me if you would like more details. (I'm not sure what the rules are about posting links to ebay).

This is really nice work. I love the style.

Blog Entries
    Very nice work. It looks great and appears to be functional as well. When do we all get invited over to watch the Big game???
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Beautiful work, I really like the blend of style. Nice Job

Saw this before, but forgot to comment. Really nice change to that room, and I very much like the BACK panels for some reason. Are the panels solid oak, or are they ply? The quartersawn red oak looks pretty much like rift-sawn without the flecks and rays of white oak, but it's a look that I very much like.

I've bookmarked your design for my wife to look at before I "finalize" my own built in

Well done!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Well done. I like the clean design.
    Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Are the panels solid oak, or are they ply?
    The backs of the cabinets are quarter inch plywood. I then applied 5/16" thick rails and stiles to the inside of the cabinet after they were installed. The bookshelves looked very large and plain without the dividers. That detail really made the cabinet for me.

Thanks again for the compliments. I'm in the process of adding lights underneath every shelf to more evenly illuminate the entire cabinet.

Great looking piece, very pleasing layout, nice blend of style

15. This is very Nice post you mentioned here.