Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Bedliner

Truck Bedliner

Been retired for a little more than 24 hours, upon ending my almost 31 year association with my employer I went out and bought a new GMC Sierra! Now I'd like a spray-in-bedliner. Rhino or Line X? Or? It's going to be black. Pros/Cons? From the research I have done I've discovered that Line X goes on hot, thinnner than Rhino, but follows contours better. Rhino goes on cold, thicker, more sound deadening, easier on the knees.
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

I love my Line-X.

I've had both, starting with Rhino about 20 years ago. I prefer LineX for the following reasons.

1. - it keeps things in place, but still allows you to slide them with effort. It was much harder to move something across the Rhino.
    2 - when the Rhino became several years old, it tended to rub off a bit (black hands). I have not had this problem with the LineX.

I ran a retail garden center for over 20 years. Would load pick-ups all day long. Line-X looked very good. no runs or drips. Rhino looked like it had been applied by a two year old. Drips hanging off the rails, thicker in spots etc...
    If it were my truck, Line-x hands down winner in my book.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Sorry,.... but I can't resist . I have a slightly different slant on the topic of bedliners or coatings. I figure anything beyond a simple rubber mat in the bed of a p/u is overkill. I placebedliners and coatings in the same category as plastic license plate covers and seat covers . IMHO, bedliners only served somewhat of a purpose way back in the day when p/u beds were single wall.

But, if you feel compelled to coat or line your bed, why not do it when you go to sell? ....just my way of thinking 'truck".

While I've had both of those, I now have a Bedrug. I like it much better that any of the spray liners I have used. It works well if you have a covering over the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Damm View Post
    While I've had both of those, I now have a Bedrug. I like it much better that any of the spray liners I have used. It works well if you have a covering over the bed.
    +1 on the Bedrug, I have had spray in liners in other trucks and this is much nicer. When I haul lumber I will throw a canvas tarp in the back to avoid splinters but other than that it is very tough. My husband and I sleep in the back when we travel and it is very comfortable with a sleeping bag over it.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Heather, Bedrug looks interesting. Went on their website to check installation. Appears to be velcroed to side walls. Was yours a DIY or did you have it done? How's the velcro holding up? Did you buy locally? I also have a home in the Chicago area so I'm between the U.P. and Union, IL. My last truck had a spray in liner, but it was an off brand and the guy is no longer in business. I was very happy with the result though, the liner saw some tough use, held up well for the 8 years I owned the Ram. However. if I don't get rid of the Union house soon I may well up sleeping in my truck! So perhaps the Bedrug is the way to go.
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Rizzo View Post
    Heather, Bedrug looks interesting. Went on their website to check installation. Appears to be velcroed to side walls. Was yours a DIY or did you have it done? How's the velcro holding up? Did you buy locally? I also have a home in the Chicago area so I'm between the U.P. and Union, IL. My last truck had a spray in liner, but it was an off brand and the guy is no longer in business. I was very happy with the result though, the liner saw some tough use, held up well for the 8 years I owned the Ram. However. if I don't get rid of the Union house soon I may well up sleeping in my truck! So perhaps the Bedrug is the way to go.

Randy,

I bought mine on-line and the install took me less than 30 minutes, a helper is a good thing if possible. My truck was in an accident last year and the body shop pulled the Bedrug out and reinstalled when repairs were complete, I was not happy with their reinstall so I pulled the cap off and did it to my standards, I am kind of fussy. The velcro is fine but I was worried that it may be trouble in the future, called the factory in Tn and they send new velcro no charge.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

How well does the Bed Rug hold up unloading bulk mulch with a shovel. Looks like it would get torn up after a short time.

Looks good.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

back in 99 when i bought my RAM new, i took it right to a new Rhino liner place. talked with them a bit and found out that they actually sand the paint in the bed of your truck. So, i thought... i wanted this to protect the bed, but they are just going to sand the paint??? I got a tonnou cover instead and beat the crap out of my bed and figured if it get's really bad, then i'll have the liner sprayed on.

I have had Line-X in my truck for the last 7 years. I don't think it is even scratched.

I had a nice thick Rhino liner sprayed on and the installer did a very nice job. After several years it still looked great and was in perfect condition.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Achey View Post
    Sorry,.... but I can't resist . I have a slightly different slant on the topic of bedliners or coatings. I figure anything beyond a simple rubber mat in the bed of a p/u is overkill. I placebedliners and coatings in the same category as plastic license plate covers and seat covers . IMHO, bedliners only served somewhat of a purpose way back in the day when p/u beds were single wall.

But, if you feel compelled to coat or line your bed, why not do it when you go to sell? ....just my way of thinking 'truck".
    +1 - truck beds are meant for haulin' stuff, not lookin' good.

line-x is very hard, like epoxy, with sand in it for slip resistance. If you set a tool box, cooler, etc. in the bed it will slide all over the place. The rhino is thicker and softer. stuff does not slide around as you drive. however stuff will not slide very well if you want it to. My 5 year old rhino still looks good.