Thread: You ever have one of those days...?

You ever have one of those days...?

I was SO looking forward to going into the shop today. I had about 5 hours set aside to do whatever I wanted in there. Set some stuff up, clean up, make some jigs, and what was first on my priority list...get my new grinder set up.

Well the dang grinder went together like a round peg in a square hole! The parts didn't fit, the wheels were wobbling, and I tried dressing the wheels to no avail. UGH! I tried getting the wheels that came with it to work. I tried another set of Norton wheels to work. I think I even screwed up my Norton wheels.

I got so cranky, I got a crick in my neck and gave myself a headache. I stepped out of the shop to take a breather, and can't go back in now because I just KNOW something else will go wrong and a big fat "I knew I shouldn't have come back in here" will be waiting for me.

Harumpf....
    Last edited by John Keeton; 09-06-2010 at 6:18 AM.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Yeah... all the time! This weekend I was planning to spend in the garage...and oh, I did alright... but not doing what I wanted. Instead I spent two days tracking down a problem in my truck that was preventing it from starting. Then about 1/2 hour replacing a fuel pump. Theres always next weekend I guess...

one of those days

Hi Bryan. Be thankful you could replace the fuel pump. My car quit starting because of the fuel pump. Turns out it is in the tank. Threw 830.00 at it, problem solved. And it is a 6 banger Mercury. Have a good day, Max

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey M. Taylor View Post
    Hi Bryan. Be thankful you could replace the fuel pump. My car quit starting because of the fuel pump. Turns out it is in the tank. Threw 830.00 at it, problem solved. And it is a 6 banger Mercury. Have a good day, Max

I did that awhile ago on my Mustang which also has the pump inside the tank. Fuel pump went out just after I filled it with a full tank of fuel! Had to jack the rear (solid axle makes it easier), drop the tank, and put in a whole new fuel pump system. The pump itself is small but you can't just buy it separately. Spilled fuel everywhere... what a mess. Only took a couple hours going very very slow but saved a few hundred bucks plus towing. Pump assembly only cost a couple hundred bucks. Luckily my truck has a secret door right over the tank/fuel pump assembly (also an in tank pump...)so it was a super easy fix, well, once I troubleshooted and found out that was the actual problem. Got to use the table saw though... to pile parts on!