Thread: ambrosia maple bowl blanks

ambrosia maple bowl blanks

Here is some of the wood that I have been getting the past week that I have cut into bowl blanks the first pic is some blanks that are already sealed with green wood sealer and a bowl that I have turned from this wood. I used a piece that didn't have much of the ambrosia markings in them to pratice on for I havent turned many bowls yet and didn't want to use one of the good ones. In the second pic is some of the big bowl blanks and I put the bowl in for refrence. at the time of the pic I didn't have them sealed yet but they are now. I have a big pile of logs outside my shop!

I plan to sell most of the wood to make some $$ for my tool fund I plan to purchase a bigger lathe to make some big bowls and this is just a way to help the fund I sold 6 blanks today that are not in the pics and he said they should sell good and if they do he will be getting some more off of me I also plan to get some more species ready soon to take to him!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Ketron; 12-14-2004 at 1:47 AM.
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

That Sir is a Great Gloat. You are ............Have Lathe will turn and Wood to SELL!!!!

WTG,
    Bruce

Jim,
    Where are you selling the stuff? Good idea for building the tool fund. That is nice looking stuff.
    John

Thanks John!

I have had a few PM's here and other forums. a friend purchaced the first 6 to sell them in his Woodworking store. I have thought about puting some on e-Bay but I realy dont want to go that route. One feller wants some pen blanks and I had thought of doing that with the cut off's from the logs. I think I will get some ready and dried to sale them also, when my new bandsaw gets here. Im waiting on it so if someone wants to buy one and I have to ship it I can cut it round and save on shipping cost. I also seal them on all sides with green wood sealer.
    Jim
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel