Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got my CAMaster in and running too!!

with all of the best i have to offer, good luck on your purchase!!

jim

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Mike,

Are you really having that much of a dust problem?

Neither of the CNC Routers that I run are a dust problem, the majority of the dust is removed at the dust shoe.
    Like Keith stated, I have and use the dust shoe on my Stinger together with my dust collection system and have very little dust in my shop.

Mick
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

You are right Scott!!

I have had way to much coffee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Wow, you guys are sensitive about this topic. I said "If you tell me 4 months, I'm probably going to look at your competitor".

Is that such a wrong statement to make on anything we buy? I mean the machines are made to produce product I can sell. If I can't get the machine on my floor for 4 months and I have demand for product, what else can I do but to look at other machines? If I find out other machines won't work for what we need, but this one will, then I guess I'd have to get in line and wait 4 months.

Guy came on and said I could pick good, fast, or cheap, I just said "I don't think 4 months is fast", then that got James fired up, saying their machines are not for everyone. Now, you're suggesting I have other motives.

Wow.....some of you need to cut back on the coffee. You have WAYYYYYY over read my comments.

Let me see if I can be clear for about the 5th time now.

I think 4 months in a long time. It might be the lowest amount of time you can get a CNC machine in. If it is, it is. However, 4 months is a long time to me. 4 months may not be that long to you.

How that gets read into anything other than that is on you, not me.
    Scott, No where in my post was that directed to you. It was a general statement meant for anybody and everybody on this forum that was concerned about time frames for a CAMaster.

Here it is again for clarification purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    "good, fast, or cheap, pick two". That is, a project can be completed quickly, it can be done cheap, and it can be done well, but you need to choose which two of those you want. If you want a good project done quickly, it's gonna be expensive. Fast and cheap? It's gonna suck.

Camaster is good (quality) and cheap (inexpensive) when compared to similar products on the market.

Be patient! It's worth the wait.
    Second of all, as much as I like CAMaster, there is at least one fellow in the CNC forum that I actually recommended a different company too and he purchased from that company. Sorry Joey, but the man came to our shop and showed me a deal that even you guys couldn't beat. Based on his workload, time frame and needs, I had to send him to another competitor. The machine was off the shelf cookie cutter but that worked for him. Many of the CAMaster's tend to have custom mods, hence the lead time is longer.

That being said, let me bring on another observation.

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    dan, i just got off the phone w/ the god of sceduling, your machine is in line and will ship after being tested this week
    Wouldn't this be Joey's job to notify Dan? I mean afterall, you don't work for CAMaster or recieve any compensation from them do you?

like i said scott this machine is not for everybody!! good luck on your purchase!! you seem to be stuck on a point

what is it?

i guess i should go a bit further, there are many satisfied customers here on the creek and many who never post here, yet very few unsatisfied customers.

camasters lead time is normally 90 days and less (much less in some cases) yet they introduced a new product which just happened to be a GREAT deal far above many competitors in both Quality and price!! add in the IWF show (to which Kieths machine was shown) which only comes every two years and produced a great demand for the machines and delays will happen, to thier credit they hustled to ramp up production to meet demand and will be caught up very soon. most all of the machines they build have various custom features, i do know thier goal was to eventually have the stinger available off the shelf yet the excellent quality of the product has created a demand,

i can show you where the table top routers are in the market, i sawm most all of them at iwf, the camaster is still worth the waith when the comparisons are made!
    Again, I refer to previous statement. Don't get me wrong Jim. A happy customer is one thing, but in light of the all the things that I read about on the various forums that you do in the name of CAMaster and Vectric, I have to wonder if you are on the CAMaster payroll somehow, especially since CAMaster is also a reseller of Vectric Products.

If I am wrong, so be it I am wrong. Nothing worse then speculation and I apologize if I am wrong.

However, if I am right, FTC laws mandates that people who frequently blog about or endorse company products on the internet are now required to disclose wether or not they are compensated. Now I guess a good lawyer could argue the term blog verses forum... yada, yada, yada.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm

Good reading that link is. Especially the 4th paragraph. Remember all my statements about the Polhemus Fastscan? It still stands. I still get paid for referals!

I don't get a dime from CAMaster so I am not beholding to them, however, I have yet to find a better CNC at the same, price, lower price or even slightly higher price.

Finally,

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bukky View Post
    You are right Scott!!

I have had way to much coffee
    Me too!

I am going to h@ll for sure I am!

I reiterate, CAMaster, a damn fine company making awesome machines. That is just MY HUMBLE OPINION based on 4.5 years of running 3 different machines from 3 different manufacturers, none of whom gave me a dime.

Bill and Kathy did however feed me when I picked up our CAMaster, but since I brought lunch the one day, I think that negates payment!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

No problem Guy, I thought your comment was innocent and well said, and I didn't mean to imply you said it any way other than you meant it, rather than me connecting you and your comments in defense of someone or something.

It was the comment between you and my response to you that apparently sparked some comments.

If it came across as I was blaming you for something, I apologize, as that wasn't how it was meant. I probably could have worded it differently to be more clear. My apologies

I wouldn't know about Camaster's quality, I haven't commented on it, nor have I seen one in action, so for me to comment on their quality wouldn't be acceptable.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 09-13-2010 at 8:20 PM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

"Again, I refer to previous statement. Don't get me wrong Jim. A happy customer is one thing, but in light of the all the things that I read about on the various forums that you do in the name of CAMaster and Vectric, I have to wonder if you are on the CAMaster payroll somehow, especially since CAMaster is also a reseller of Vectric Products.

If I am wrong, so be it I am wrong. Nothing worse then speculation and I apologize if I am wrong."

yep you are wrong, but it is ok i have been a customer of yours and highlighted that as well!! to which you have benefited, on another note been looking at that polhemus real hard lately

i have not told any one who the god of delivery is,

about that speculation stuff!!

"I don't get a dime from CAMaster so I am not beholding to them, however, I have yet to find a better CNC at the same, price, lower price or even slightly higher price."

PS, me too!!
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 09-13-2010 at 9:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Again, I refer to previous statement. Don't get me wrong Jim. A happy customer is one thing, but in light of the all the things that I read about on the various forums that you do in the name of CAMaster and Vectric, I have to wonder if you are on the CAMaster payroll somehow, especially since CAMaster is also a reseller of Vectric Products.

If I am wrong, so be it I am wrong. Nothing worse then speculation and I apologize if I am wrong."

yep you are wrong, but it is ok i have been a customer of yours and highlighted that as well!! to which you have benefited, on another note been looking at that polhemus real hard lately

i have not told any one who the god of delivery is,

about that speculation stuff!!

"I don't get a dime from CAMaster so I am not beholding to them, however, I have yet to find a better CNC at the same, price, lower price or even slightly higher price."

PS, me too!!
    See that.

Now it is out in the open and there is no more speculating.

Now we can get back to telling people about a machine and a company that we are both proud of because of their product and the customer support. It ain't perfect, but they try like hell!

Way to go CAMaster!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Smile

i am with you brother!! school bus yellow ON!!

Ok I need to chime in here on a few things.
    1. Guy as I have stated before and this is a CAMaster official message. Jim McGrew is not and has never been an employee of CAMaster CNC. The offer that I extend to current customers if they show there machine at there shop and it results in a sale Jim has every time turned down. He Is only a CAMaster customer just like you were Guy and hopefully will be again.
    2. Guy it is CAMaster's place to let folks know when there machines go out. We do try to keep customers in the loop but I do not let the customer know what day until the machine clears franks check list. This way i can let the customer know so the proper arrangments can be made on there end. Then we notify the customer and do a final burn in on the machine. On our forum we have 2-3 mods that are notified of upcoming deliveries this way they can be on top of any questions from the new users. It is no secret that Jim is a mod so is Eric also a member of SMC. Dan and all others will be notified as needed of exact ship dates.
    3. If anyone needs to know Camaster's curent lead times they need to call CAMaster. Each machine line now has its own times and they do differ. BTW. Our stinger line is not at 90 days.

CAMaster as always tries to build the best router for the money in our market. And as any other OEM that has a full board may have to extend lead times. But we are working hard to get our times back down to our normal production marks. We are stock piling parts to minimize the chance of this acurance again. I feel this is all that can be asked of any manufacture.

After all is it not good that a US company is busy?
    Last edited by Joey Jarrard; 09-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

hey nick, dontcha hate it when it gets dark and tooo late to go out and play with the machine!! get some sleep it will be there tommorrow!!

I have lights........most of the time.....

I heard a rumor that Nicholas Bukky is sleeping on his new Cobra. He bought a new sleeping bag and keeps it stowed under the machine

This is just a rumor at this point, I can't confirm or deny the accuracy of this information

Well not a "NEW" sleeping bag.

Nic,

As long as you get some rest at the end of the day.......its all good

Ok I'm looking forward to my road trip this weekend 3 stops in 2 days. Will be the 2nd time through DC and no sightseeing, maybe next time. .
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools