Thread: Caterpillars are out to get me.

Caterpillars are out to get me.

I went to the blueberry patch for a mid-morning snack and dang near picked this guy off the bush.

Honest. I've never seen one this big... good thing they can't jump on you as you walk by. I'm going to have to look at that will again.

It will become an Imperial Moth. A big one, apparently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 09-01-2010 at 1:36 PM.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

May have a shot at the pogo stick after all!!!

Life in the country is sure becoming an adventure for you, isn't it Mitchell? What was that movie with Chevy Chase and the dog that would never come home?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

That guy looks like a hornworm of a different color. I wonder what it wants with the bush. Wiki lists oak, pine, maple, sweetgum and sassafras as its targets.

If it thinks the same thing of your blueberries as a hornworm thinks of tomatoes, you'll find out real soon. Hopefully it's just transient, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Life in the country is sure becoming an adventure for you, isn't it Mitchell?
    Here are our turkeys this am. All but one is on the fence out by the shop. They've been doing this in the same spot for about a week.

Strange birds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

I've been finding a bunch of varieties of large hornworms around here just lately. A bunch on my tomato plants but I get em. They are really pretty cool. It isn't hard to see where Eric Carle got his inspiration after seeing what happens to leaves put in their tanks!
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    Here are our turkeys this am. All but one is on the fence out by the shop. They've been doing this in the same spot for about a week.

Strange birds.
    But tasty on Thanksgiving Day
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Lookatthat .. It like a Turkey shooting gallery... gobbelgobbelgobbelBANGYummmmm...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it