Thread: Skipping Vector Cuts

Skipping Vector Cuts

I'm having a problem with parts of some vectors being skipped. I cleaned the encoder strip and lenses. Run after that was an improvement, run after that a little worse, about 20 of 350 didn't complete. Problem is mainly on the right size of the bed and random. I cleaned the encoder strip again and while waiting for the job to complete, I thought I would check with the oracle of laser knowledge.

Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

I would say the problem isn't in the positioning system, but the tube itself. I don't know if tubes gradually lose power, or stop firing intermittantly or both when they are ging bad, but I think the problem is in the tube. Maybe check some connections?
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

1st suggestion - Call Epilog tech support. Could be the main logic board, or the power supply, or the tube, or...
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

You might search the forum on "Epilog tickle" to see if it adjusting the tickle setting would help. Not sure if a bad tickle setting would cause dropouts in a vector well into the run - often it shows up as a delayed first pulse. But it might be related to your problem. In any event something is causing the laser to stop lasing in the middle of a cut.