Thread: Marquetry and Clint

Marquetry and Clint

I'm teaching myself marquetry and fretwork and having alot of fun with it. I like using all the different veneers to create the pics. The jewelry box is mahagony with walnut accents. The lid is attached with hidden pins. The fretwork of Clint Eastwood is with a marquetry background instead of the usual black. I like mixing the marquetry with fretwork. It takes more time but I think it adds more to the project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From the looks of those projects I would change it from "I am teaching myself marquetry" to "I taught myself". Well done
    America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    C. S. Lewis

I don't do marquetry or fretwork myself, nor do I have any real interest in it. But, my family and I(as you may have guessed) are big Clint Eastwood fans. So, in this case, I love it! You really did Clint justice. Excellent choices and execution.

C

Wow! Very nice! I'd agree with the commentary above. You've definitely got a handle on the process!

Love the jewelry box design...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Great box and the man with no name is also very cool!

I missed this before, but very interesting. I wonder how you convert the image to a black/white that will translate to a foreground/ground fretwork cutout? It's a great job of a picture of "Blondie" (he kinda has a name...), just wonder how the cut plan is created?
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028