Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My G1023RL review

Nice review. Just got back from the PA Grizzly showroom after speaking for awhile with Bruce from Grizzly. Showed me the different saws and features and made my decision to grab a 1023RL. It is really nice to see/play with the machines in person. Would recommend a visit for anyone close by to Showroom. OK, I did have to pay the price and take the wife to QVC...

great mobile base, and saw review.

Quote Originally Posted by keith micinski View Post
    I not only had a complaint with my wrench the open end one ripped apart the very first time I tried to use it. I made my own yesterday at work.
    Yep. I think they make that open ended wrench with 50% chewing gum to save money.

I recently bought a compact Dewalt jobsite saw which came with a really nice open ended wrench which happens to fit the grizzly perfectly.

Hi Cary,
    I like most guys have been paining over the small differences between the G0691 and the G1023RLX. I am specifically looking for a saw with 50+ inch rip capacity and the wrap-around design of the fence on the G0690/1 appears to be a superior design over the Shop Fox Classic fence included with the G1023RL/RLX. While I have not been able to see one in person, I have assumed that making minor adjustments side to side on the fence would be more accurate with the wrap-around design of the G0691 fence because the fence is sort of surrounded on the front, top and back of the fence rail with the nylon slides. Whereas the Shop Fox Classic fence is only held in place on the front and top when the lever is released. So can you tell me if you have experienced any "slop" in making side-to-side adjustments that would cause the fence to twist left to right resulting in lost accuracy???

Thank you very much!

David,
    I will assume by "adjustment" you mean moving the fence to make a cut? There is some play due to the non wrap around design but there is a piece of iron with a nylon pad between the lever and the fence which helps somewhat.I usually have my left hand on the fence and my right hand on the lever when moving it so the play is minimal. I tend to coarse align my fence to the tape with my left and fine adjust(bump)with my right. It may sound weird but it is one continus motion for me. I have never experienced any loss of accuracy due to it. If I had the wrap around design I would still be moving it the same way. I could maybe see a possible issue with teh fenc wracking if you move it with the left while you hold a tabe at the blade with your left. I trust my tape on the fence to not have to do that.
    Cary