Thread: new stuff

new stuff

ok...im into this envelope and money thing. i sold the previous two the same day.

Such skill. Wish I had it. Where are you, Toga Town? There's gotta be a gallery in SoHo that would feature your work. Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple in New Haven where I can just imagine them displaying them in the window. Sadly, I have no connections in that world or I'd help.

Wonderful work for sure. OK, any chance of doing a tutorial on a small project? I would love it..... Or maybe teach a class somewhere. You sure have the talent for it.

Gene

Randall,

Great work as always, thanks for sharing. The clarity on the currency is simply amazing! How do you manage that detail...is it tiny brushes or are you using pen and ink? That yellow pad looks like the one I just pulled out of my desk for a big meeting at work!

Take care,
    Kevin

thanks...no interest in teaching....if you look on my website and click the process shots you can see how two of the pieces are created.

i live on eastern long island and have gallery representation here, santa fe and miami. i do most of my work as private commissions ....which is what both of these sculptures are. the pad and pencil is the second try. on the first try i left a lot of the pencil just a bit off the paper and of course it warped slightly. i turned it into a stubby and gave it to my wife. BTW both pads now have coffee stains.