Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just CAN'T cut through MDF with a 60 watt epilog!

By all means call Epilog Tech support. They will help you.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

If alignment is good....

Then it's optics or possibly the laser tube as others have mentioned. You've gotten good advice on SMC so far but it's best to leave the diagnostics and ultimate solution to those who do it best.

Contact the person you purchased the system from to determine warranty status and what their warranty covers.

Tech support is readily available to assist. Keep in mind though that they will not be able to cover the expense of replacement parts if the machine is out of factory warranty. The warranty you received was likely from the reseller.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

Power meter...

A few of you have mentioned measuring the tube's output. What do I need to get to test it, where can I get it, and how do I do it? Asking the people we got the machine from is not an option. Also, a thank you to everyone for your input on this. It's very helpful.

Nicholas,
    It would be helpful if you would post what part of the world your in.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I'm in San Francisco, California, U.S. of A.

Nicholas, have you spoken with Epilog tech support? Although the machine is out of warranty they will still help you. Many times the techs there can take you through the proper steps to get to the bottom of a problem. They have helped me numerous times and they would probably have knowledge of where to rent a power meter. They are in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Portalupi View Post
    A few of you have mentioned measuring the tube's output. What do I need to get to test it, where can I get it, and how do I do it? Asking the people we got the machine from is not an option. Also, a thank you to everyone for your input on this. It's very helpful.
    Nicholas,
    Here is a link to one source. Check around and see if you can rent or borrow one from your dealer/manufacturer otherwise this is one way to get it checked.

http://www.laserbits.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=321
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Some mentioned different variations of MDF, I just came across this fwiw:
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-medite.htm