Thread: PM2000 Dado Set Choice.

PM2000 Dado Set Choice.

Recent owner of a new PM2000 and looking at Dado Sets. Boy you get confused easly with the lit.

Would like to pose the question to PM2000 owners.

Does the Fraud Dial a Width dado work on the PM2000 and if it does what is the maximum cut you can make with it.

If you dont use the dial a width which set do you use and are you happy with it.

My use will mainly be cabinets for now. So the width of a 3/4 ply to start with...and yes they very. But I dont want to limit myself as well. If I am spending the money on a good set I would like to get one that has a Maximum width. The PM manual says up to 13/16ths.

Thanks to all in Advance.

Pretty comprehensive recent discussion can be found here.

I've never used the Freud Dial-a-Width, but I have a PM200, and I got the Ridge Carbide Dado Master from Woodpeckers. I'm very pleased with it: nice flat-bottomed clean cuts and good fine adjustments with shims. It actually could go wider than the PM's arbor will handle.

Hey Rich,

I purchased the Infinity dadonator for my PM2000 along with Leecraft zero clearance insert. Very happy with the dado set though you cannot use the entire 13/16" without removing the arbor washer. I opted to cut my ZCI to 11/16" and kept the washer on.

"Up to 13/16" won't accommodate the hub of the Freud SD608 DAW at full width.

The best dado set I've used to date is the Infinity Dadonator. It's hard to imagine any of the "regular contenders" eclipsing the performance of the Dadonator.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 08-15-2010 at 4:23 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I use a freud 8" super dado on my pm2000 and it works great.

With the Dial a width I think you are stuck at 3/4" with the PM2000

I have the setup you mentioned and it works well for me. I've never attempted anything wider than 3/4" ply which we realize is not. It has worked well for what I do and I like clicking the adjustment ring to make it a hair wider/narrower until I get the fit I want.

Feel free to ask if I can check something specific for you. I can try to load the entire stack this weekend if it will help you.

John