Thread: Resizing image

Resizing image

Hello
    Hello guys , I like to know, why my image is fuzzy, when I resize my image from 4x6" to 16x36" or whatever different size. I'm using paint shop pro8.I try put a image on several tiles and I have the final print "fuzzy" Does anybody know the best way, how to resize image?And dont loose the image look? I'm using Paint shop pro8 or CorelDraw-photo paint12
    Thanks Jan

Hi Jan,

The original image may not have a high enough resolution to blow up to that size with out distortion. I think my B&W photo instructor said you needed at least 1.4 megapixel to get even close to the clarity of a 35mm film pic at the 8X10 size.

I hope someone with more editing experience can clear it up for you.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Size counts , the golden rule for decent and unpixelated images is at least 125 pixels per inch of PRINTED output.
    Your 16 x 36 image should be at least 2000 pixels by 4500 pixels at printed output. Its highly doubtful that a 4 x 6 images will be big enough or will have been scanned at enough resolution.
    To get a 4 x 6 to 16x36 you have to scan it at at least 750-900 dpi (its actually not dpi , but pixels per inch)
    The rule for scanning is this
    Printed size/original size x 150
    IE in your case its 36"/6" x 150
    there is a solution however if the original image doesnt have the resolution to be blown up to that size. There is a freeware package called irfanview (great free viewer www.irfanview.com ) and you can resample the image using their lanczos algorithm and it adds more pixels
    It does guesstimate them cos you cant add info that is just not there , however its way better than the pixelated image you would get just be resizing. So ultimately you have to resample and NOT resize if you dont have a high definition scan.
    DPI does NOT count at all , its SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Thank you everybody for help *** :-) ***
    I'm a very appreciative....
    I wish all of you have Happy Holidays & Happy New Year.
    Thank you one more time
    Janko