Thread: Corel and marquetry question

Corel and marquetry question

After performing a PowerTrace on a photo in Corel X4, there are often a large number of curves of many different colors shown in the Object Manager. If I want to sort/order/accumulate the curves by color to simplify the lasering process, is there a way to do it? For example if I want all "brown' tones together in the object manager so I can put them on a layer called Walnut so I can reorient the curves to take advantage of grain direction etc and then burn them all at once it would be very helpful. I just can't see any "sort" function that allows for the ordering of curves. As always, your help is appreciated. Thanx
    Trotec Speedy 300.....45w
    Corel x4
    Not enough woodworking tools...

Use the find objects function in Corel , you can find objects based on any parameter (like find all closed objects with a hairline line width and that are blue)
    The find objects is under edit/find and replace objects/find objects
    You will see the dialog come up on start a new search.
    You can group and manipulate the objects you find - VERY useful tool.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher