Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebay vent....

It also puts you in a pickle if you get an item and it's not as described.

Someone sent me a vacuum last year, a SEBO, and it didn't work. After much arguing even after demonstrating the lack of function on video and mailing it back and paying for shipping both ways, I was out $65 for the pleasure of wasting my time on a vacuum the seller obviously never looked at. Smelled, too.

Even so, I ended up out $270 instead of being out $330.

If one of those shipping shams would've been done on the auction, I'd have been out all of it without some major time spent dealing with paypal and ebay to explain the situation.

AS it was, when the seller treaded water for a while deciding he was maybe not going to give a refund, a quick file of a dispute with paypal/ebay got him moving.

Something to think about if you're ever going to take the gamble on one of those auctions with high shipping and a low sale price.

Just to follow up on the auction that started this discussion:

The bid price if now up to $405, with $30 shipping the price for this used jig is now more than you could buy it new from the Jig Store (if they had it in stock!).

And there is still more than a day to go in the auction.

Crazy.

Ebay has really gone downhill. I haven't sold anything for a while. It used to be most sellers were honest people doing Ebay on the side. Now its a crapshoot. I've bought a number of tech items in the past several weeks. Twice the item has been seriously misrepresented. The first the seller wouldn't respond to emails. Ebay and Paypal claims were eventually processed. I had to send the item back at my expense. This one I'm waiting to see what the seller says. I actually want the item but it doesn't have some upgrades that were listed. I've given him the option of a partial refund, sending me an immediate refund plus a return shipping label, or me contacting Amex, Paypal, and Ebay, because after the last, I decided that I'm paying for anything with a vendor I don't know via my Amex to give me that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hughner View Post
    Just to follow up on the auction that started this discussion:

The bid price if now up to $405, with $30 shipping the price for this used jig is now more than you could buy it new from the Jig Store (if they had it in stock!).

And there is still more than a day to go in the auction.

Crazy.
    Yep, wait until it ends....in the last hour I bet there will be a flurry of even more bids.

Granted it comes with some accessories, but even still. The 350 price would have been OK for me because I wouldnt be paying shipping (less than an hour drive for me), but anything above the 350 would have been pushing it.
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.