Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You Like Cake . . .

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    If someone doesn't like one of her cakes, I'll eat it!
    And you would love it! That's what Diana has going for her. Not only do her cakes look good, they are delicious. Right now her sales are word of mouth commissions. I think she's really concerned about the business end of things, licensing, inspections. She works nights so it is hard to juggle everything.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

sounds like she is exactly where she wants to be.....

an occasional cake here and there with some bonus "fun" money.

as we all know, once it becomes real income, the rules change. insurance, board of health, etc.....

btw: great dress.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Thanks Joe!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the licensing, the inspections, the health code problems... those are major headaches above and beyond a typical business that will keep most out of it. Quite a few try to fly under the radar by baking out of their own kitchen, but that only lasts for so long. You can't build up your business very far by cooking in your own kitchen unless it is purpose built (health code violations abound)... there's nothing like chomping into a moist brownie cake to find cat hair sticking out of it Fluffy makes a great companion, but a lousy sous-chef. If Diane doesn't want to go full force, best to stick with friends and friends of friends only...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5