Thread: coaster holder pattern

coaster holder pattern

Doe anyone have a pattern to share for a coaster holder that would hold 3.75 inch round coasters? They would be made of leather but I had planned on making the holder out of bendable plastic unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks so much

Lisa

P.s.

ps It would have to be round. I found a few square patterns on here that would nice but I am looking for a round one.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa,

Can you not simply use 1/8" acrylic and use the laser to cut out your needed size? This would ascertain a perfect alignment for your machine.

Bruce

Here's one design for a coaster holder made of stacked LASER cut plexiglass that I found on Thingiverse.
    James

nova scotia lasers
    Nova Scotia, Canada

VLS4.60 with 50 watts, rotary, honeycomb, air, collimator ... CorelDRAW X5, 1-Touch Photo
    HP Deskjet 500 42" printer
    Magicard Rio ID Card Printer
    Nothing says unprofessional job like wrinkles in duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Volden View Post
    Lisa,

Can you not simply use 1/8" acrylic and use the laser to cut out your needed size? This would ascertain a perfect alignment for your machine.

Bruce

You lost me Bruce. Sometimes I'm an airhead like that.

I am trying to create a holder for leather coasters. I need it to be round. I am making the sides out of some bendable plastic...as in flimsy...not actually something I have to heat and bend (the base will probably be something harder of course). I am trying to create something myself but I was hoping someone had something done up already. The sides have to be round, so the material has to be able to bend around the hard base. I am trying to draw something up now on the computer. I made the side about a half inch tall and I am making it have tabs so it slides into the base and interlocks with it so I don't have to glue anything.

I guess I was just hoping there was something already done to save time. I searched back through the site and only found square holders.

Lisa

Thank you I will check this out!

Lisa

The customer wants leather coasters so I am stuck with finding something that will work with leather coasters...... and they want a round holder, not square. So I need to get creative LOL... sometimes that is hard tfor me.

Coaaster Holder

I have used holder for round coasters from this place. (replace the DOT)

www.thewaltoncompanyDOTcom/Coaster-Caddie-Holds-4ea-P491C32.aspx

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    The customer wants leather coasters so I am stuck with finding something that will work with leather coasters...... and they want a round holder, not square. So I need to get creative LOL... sometimes that is hard tfor me.
    How tall does it have to be? (I.e. how many coasters of what thickness does it have to hold?)

I'm thinking in terms of an acrylic disk 3/8"-1/2" larger diameter than the coasters, with four posts using either acrylic rod (looks better but more expensive/labor-intensive) or threaded nylon standoffs from the hardware store (cheap/easy, not as pretty).

The stacked-acrylic holder in James' post can be made round (or pretty much any outer shape you want), but regardless of the shape, it seems like that design ends up sucking up more money and laser time than the coasters...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries
    James,

I'm having problems trying to open the cdr file. Do you have a good copy of the file you could post?

Ron Thompson
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Thompson View Post
    James,

I'm having problems trying to open the cdr file. Do you have a good copy of the file you could post?

Ron Thompson
    No worries. I downloaded the file and it opened fine in X4. I saved a copy in Ver 9 format (with the BMP images removed so it would fit within the attachment file limits).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    James

nova scotia lasers
    Nova Scotia, Canada

VLS4.60 with 50 watts, rotary, honeycomb, air, collimator ... CorelDRAW X5, 1-Touch Photo
    HP Deskjet 500 42" printer
    Magicard Rio ID Card Printer
    Nothing says unprofessional job like wrinkles in duct tape.