Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do The Vikings Have A Quarterback?

Do The Vikings Have A Quarterback?

3rd times a charm? Great player, go home, make millions, get offered that commentary job, enjoy family and relax! #4...you are a great one!

Phyllis

Phyllis,

Don't be starting any wars here......Okay?

The Vikings I'm sure have several quarterbacks. It's a requirement to field a team.

Was there any one in particular to which you were referring?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Oh gosh...

I don't mean no disrespect or anything like that...we WI folks know what it's like to have to wait for decisions

Phyllis

He'll be back - it's probably just a ploy to avoid having to work out in spring training.

Of course, he'll probably poop out mid season or in the playoffs because of his age, but he'll draw a lot of fans in the meantime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Phyllis,

Don't be starting any wars here......Okay?

The Vikings I'm sure have several quarterbacks. It's a requirement to field a team.

Was there any one in particular to which you were referring?
    Apparently not, several teams last year used a wildcat play with no QB.....You don't even need a full complement of players, you just can't have too many on teh field at once.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    He'll be back - it's probably just a ploy to avoid having to work out in spring training.

Of course, he'll probably poop out mid season or in the playoffs because of his age, but he'll draw a lot of fans in the meantime.
    fan draw doesn't win super bowls.

drew brees wins super bowls.

Blog Entries
    I think he'll be back. He had a great year last year that ended on a sour note.

I'm reading though he has a problem with his ankle.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    I think he'll be back. He had a great year last year that ended on a sour note.

I'm reading though he has a problem with his ankle.

We'll see.
    He's had more than his share of sour endings.

Don't get me wrong, he was a joy to watch when he was in the green and gold. But he was a wildcard. Sometimes he was a hero, others a zero. But he always gave it his all. And he loved to play the game. That's how I remember him.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

I'll believe Brett Favre is retired once the Vikings play their last game of the season and Brett hasn't played.

The website that had the Brett Favre retirement rumor today was absolutely slammed for a while this morning.

The old gray beard will be wearing a purple #4 jersey by the time the season starts, I can almost guarantee it. The media outlets completely ran with nothing yesterday. As the day progress those that had been in contact with Favre reported that he had not made any decision yet. Which means I just don't want to participate in training camp. Someone took a text message from the gray beard that only said "this is it" to mean he was not going to play this season. I think in 2 weeks we will know and he will be suited up. If not I wont believe he is retired until the season is over.

The cheese heads in cheese land are still spited from him and are praying to the cheese gods that he doesn't return. For that matter I think the other 31 NFL teams hope he doesn't return. We got robbed last season so the purple will be back with a vengeance this season.

Heeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaack!

There are no words, and I'm not usually speechless!

Go Packers! And I will secretly be watching the MN games, I love a good story and he is definately a good story!

Phyllis

how are booty and webb developing? i gotta think this is the last year for favre, and when he's out i sincerely hope tavaris jackson isn't back in.

also, lol
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 08-19-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer View Post
    There are no words, and I'm not usually speechless!

Go Packers! And I will secretly be watching the MN games, I love a good story and he is definately a good story!

Phyllis
    I told you guys.

He'll be back next year, too, despite saying that he's not coming back after season 20. If he says he might come back the following year, they might expect him to work out in training camp.

He'll retire when Joe Paterno retires.

That said, it doesn't seem like training camp does him any good - he looked better last year without doing it, and he's probably not gone at it that hard in training camp for years, right?

Here in the 'burgh, there is at least one star who comes up with "minor injuries" in training camp each year, but he has no reason to even play in it unless they want to see if the offensive guys can beat him.

Yeah, they got a quarterback - He left the Iceland Volcanos [coached by his father "Red"] and captained the Greenland Renegades in 1002 - '04 and led them to the Far Northeast division championship game. He then retired momentarily before being signed by the Newfoundland Newfies for the '05- '06 season, playing out of L'Anse aux Meadows. There really wasn't much competition in that league, so he went back to the Greenland team for a couple years. Never again heard from after that, but the legend lives on that he is still out there slinging harpoons 60 cubits into the frozen tundra.

When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    how are booty and webb developing? i gotta think this is the last year for favre, and when he's out i sincerely hope tavaris jackson isn't back in.

also, lol
    Neal,

Booty isn't with the Vikes anymore they cut him last year last cut of training camp. He cleared wavers too, which means no one wanted him. I heard he was working out for the Texans this year though. The saints may find themselves with Sage. Word is they are looking for another backup, but I think the Vikes want a 5th round pick for him.

Webb is a very raw athlete. Who knows, I predict McNabb on the purple team next year.