Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Far From Steve Schlumpf?...

Doesn't really matter how far you live from Steve, he's like a next door neighbor. Probably as decent and helpful a guy as you could ever wish for in a neighbor too.
    Last edited by Curt Fuller; 08-01-2010 at 9:33 PM.

Apparently Google Maps thinks I'm approximately 19 hours 34 mins, or about 1,155 miles south of Steve...

That's a "fur piece" as they say here...

Shall I drop in for a couple minutes?

Im a long away from Steve, but close to his Son
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

I got you all beat, I am just a mouse click away!!!

Who the hell is Steve Schlumpf?
    David DeCristoforo

I agree with Curt. I don't think miles matter. Steve is top notch in my book. His unselfish help to everyone is what makes him special.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

951 miles or so for me.

My favorite is John Hart's Location in relation to Steve. I laughed the first time I saw it and it has always made me smile ever since.

I live about 60 miles from Steve. It's a long way.

He is very helpful. He helped me get starting turning. I am really getting dizzy, though. It pulled enough money out of my wallet, that my wife is getting a little upset.
    Last edited by Rich Aldrich; 08-01-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Well I am 673 miles from Steve... Just a little south...

I will add that just from what I know from Steve it appears that he has a super personality and I feel very strongly that he would help with any turning project problem you may have.

not to take away from Steve but I would also like to say that geeeeeeee
    I only live about 3 hours from the infamous John "kenny rodgers" Keeton..
    I would say he was an up and rising star but from the looks of his works I think he is already there....
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Where is Steve???

I have no dang idea where Steves lives, and he should sleep better because of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dickerman View Post
    What is it with everybody telling us how far they live from Steve? Steve seems like a very nice guy but folks seem to want to live a long way from him. In Arizona I must be at least 1500 miles from Steve.Wally
    Wally, when I came on this forum, I saw that mileage written in some of the poster's signatures, and finally, I said, "Why not?", and figured the mileage.
    It's fun, just to see all of it, now...
    And everyone is correct... there's never been a nicer person in this forum, than Steve. (present company excepted, of course)....
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

For me as the crow flies around 10,000 miles and a little bit to right as you come down
    neil

The wooden Potter

WOW! You folks are funny and have WAY to much time on your hands! Slow shop day? Waiting for finish to dry?

To be honest, I have wondered about some of this for a while now also. Other than John Hart living in my basement and Bob Hainstock living next door - everyone else sure lives a long ways away!

Got me to thinking - were folks stating how close they lived or how far away? Hummm, I'm fairly quiet, wear deodorant and really like everything about turning - especially the sharing aspect! Must be something else!

Seriously - I appreciate the running gag line! Just goes to show how close everyone is here on the Creek! I figure we're all friends - just have met yet!

Appreciate the laughs!!! Have fun turning today!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

2085.6 miles. 32 hrs, 13 minutes to drive. Might be worth the trip just to see what a squeaky clean shop looks like