Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: How Far From Steve Schlumpf?...

Belinda, that was great. You a writer? As far a how far from Mr. Schlumpf, a long ways in miles and turning ability.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post
    Bathrooms? We don't need no bathrooms!!

Maybe not the 1st day.........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    uh how long was Woodstock one month or was it two I seem to be a little foggy here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

"...how long was Woodstock one month or was it two..."

Dude... it was like a year ago man... you really are out of it!
    David DeCristoforo

93 responses!!! WOW!! Looks like I better jump aboard the mileage train.
    608 miles from me to Steve......... I think he is in a much prettier part of the country than me, though
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Ken,

Let's just say he sees a lot less corn and soy beans....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

According to Google it's 60 miles, but I think I know several shortcuts and can do some wood hunting on the way.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I can hear it now . . .

Good evening, and welcome back to WBS Evening News. I'm Rich Hedupmias. And I'm Suzy Fuloplastik.

We'd like to end the news tonight with a special story. Days ago all across this great land people started loading their tents and their tools into vehicles bearing bumper stickers reading "Got Curls?", "I brake for downed trees", and "Victim of the Vortex". They took to the road stopping at diners in small towns, and homes in cities to pick up other like minded folk for an adventure in a place some say you can't get to, but they did.

They arrived in twos and threes, the crowd swelling daily. There was no advertising, just word of mouth and . . . road trip on.

The gathering has come to be known as Schlumpfstock, and no one knows how large the crowd will be before this is over.

And this just in . . . we have confirmation that one John Hart has come out from under the stairs. He saw his shadow and forecast another six weeks of good turning weather.

(No offense intended to any news anchors. I just thought the names made the post more entertaining.)

I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes turning into gouges and skews!

I've been thinking about this and I figure that it really depends on which way you go. If I go east, figuring that Harvey, Michigan is at about 46 degrees north and figuring that the circumference of the Earth at that latitude is approximately 17328 mi, I would be right around 2189 miles from Steve. But if I go east, I would have to travel 15,134 miles to get to Steve's.

But then it occurred to me. The Earth is always turning (humm… does that mean something?) With it rotating counterclockwise at around 1,000 MPH, all I would need to do is figure out how to suspend myself above ground for a bit over two hours and Steve would come to me! Of course I would have to be sure to avoid getting hit by any tall buildings or mountains. If I levitated right now, Steve's house might get here in time for dinner...
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Glad to see everyone is having fun with this.... but the bad news is - most of you can't get to here from there. You have to go around!

Just for those of you who don't know where the greater Harvey metro area is located - here are a couple of links to maps.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Harvey&state=MI

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=harvey...ed=0CBgQ8gEwAA
    Steve, those maps bring back a lot of memories. I was there from 1960-64, stationed at KI Sawyer AFB. Even with the loooong winters I loved it uo there.

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    I've been thinking about this and I figure that it really depends on which way you go. If I go east, figuring that Harvey, Michigan is at about 46 degrees north and figuring that the circumference of the Earth at that latitude is approximately 17328 mi, I would be right around 2189 miles from Steve. But if I go east, I would have to travel 15,134 miles to get to Steve's.

But then it occurred to me. The Earth is always turning (humm… does that mean something?) With it rotating counterclockwise at around 1,000 MPH, all I would need to do is figure out how to suspend myself above ground for a bit over two hours and Steve would come to me! Of course I would have to be sure to avoid getting hit by any tall buildings or mountains. If I levitated right now, Steve's house might get here in time for dinner...
    Sounds to me like somebody either has turning on the brain (no, not that!), or has been down in John Hart's room under the stairs....

I like David
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

OK, I'll play too... I'm 371 miles South of Steve

I was born much closer but at this point in my life, I'm 2044.69 miles from Steve.

Ok, late to the party as usual. I am 388 miles south of Mr. S Squared. Now, I have been to Green Bay a couple of times. So on those occasions I was only 181 miles from Steve.