Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead

Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead

Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead.

I've got Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead rolling around in my head.

Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead.... over and over.... Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead.

Have you ever had a tune like "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" play over and over and over?

I'm sure you know the first few lines at least....

Ding dong, the witch is dead.
    Witch old witch?
    The wicked witch....

Catchy tune, isn't it. I'll bet you could hum it right now.

Have you got a special tune in YOUR head now?
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Roy Orbison's "Crying".
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

You've lost that lovin' feeling
    Whoa, that lovin' feeling
    You've lost that lovin' feeling
    Now it's gone, gone, gone wooooooh

I couldn't get Devo's "Peekaboo" out of my head for a couple of weeks earlier this year. The video too. Now THAT was rough.

God rest ye merry, gentlemen
    Let nothing you dismay....
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

now I do

Now I have a tune stuck i my head........ Its ding dong the witch is dead.
    Thanks
    "Time flys like an arrow........ Fruit flies like a bannana."

If you get that tune stuck, don't listen to anything by Lady Gaga - her songs have more hooks in them than an Arkansas Trotline.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when I was in my 20s as a young machinist I'd show up for work at 6:30 am whistling at my maximum capacity the tune "if I only had a brain" from the Wizard. I didn't drink. The rest of the shop was usually a tad hungover.

It didn't take long to have the place in an uproar.
    But I couldn't get it out of my head.
    I did this for years.

When I first moved to NYC (1981), the woman in the apartment above me went on vacation for a week. She left one of those 45 rpm records on and it played over and over and over and over and over ...etc... for a week...

"It's my party and I'll cry if want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want..."

Oh god how I hate that song!

Quote Originally Posted by John Mark Lane View Post
    When I first moved to NYC (1981), the woman in the apartment above me went on vacation for a week. She left one of those 45 rpm records on and it played over and over and over and over and over ...etc... for a week...

"It's my party and I'll cry if want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want..."

Oh god how I hate that song!
    I frequently get the theme from Gilligan's Island stuck in my head. Today it was "Strokin'". Gotta love that Clarence Carter. Saw him a couple of years ago at Beach Music Fest and he told the audience to drink up and not worry, he'd drive all of us home.

Mark, this cracks me up. One year I went to band camp in Troy, Alabama. That year Grease was the hottest movie around. Every day I had to walk by this one dorm and the same window was open every morning and the same soundtrack was playing every. . . single . . . day . . . Yep, Grease. We got back from band camp and our band director decided that our homecoming football game show that year would be a tribute to Grease. So we practiced and practiced. I grew to hate that soundtrack. To this day I can hear the theme song and I still run through the dance routine in my head. Heck, if I'm cleaning house and hear it I DO the dance routine! Oh yeah, and I still do our dance routine to "Shout!". That was from basketball season.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

....cigareeettes and whiskey

....and wild, wild women

....they'll drive ya crazy, they'll drive ya insane
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

Since my bypass operation 3 months ago, I've been getting tunes stuck in my head daily. Must be the meds This week it has been and God protect me, "Flying Purple People Eaters" I wouldn't eat you cause your too tough.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Blog Entries
    How many eyes did he have? Any distinguishing features, like a bell? Or what about a horn?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

He was a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater . . .

LOL, thanks! Now I've got that stuck in my head.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    whistling at my maximum capacity the tune
    I used to stay with an Uncle for a week each summer when I was a kid and he softly whistled all day as he worked. For years I tried to figure out what the tune was but it seemed to change. Finally I figured out it was the last song he heard on the radio before he left for work each day.