Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who do they think they're kidding with this stuff???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    Walmart carries a Ginormous Wallet for all of you guys that are working huge weekends and getting giant bumps in your pay! LMAO!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ducti-Gino...allet/12187357
    Did you read the Product Details? It says it's made of duct tape and PVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    What is the problem? Apparently:

1 Big = 1.25 Regulars
    1 Giant = 1.5 Regulars = 1.2 Bigs
    1 Huge = 2.5 Regulars = 2 Bigs = 1.67 Giants.

Although I will say I had no idea Huge was bigger than Giant.
    We worked out a similar usage for fantasy gaming. "Giant" preceding the noun (Giant Ant) is smaller than "Giant following what would usually be the noun (Fire Giant).

As a corollary, if you have "Giant" on both ends (Giant Fire Giant), then you are in really big (pun intended) trouble.

Don't they know that PVC can explode under pressure?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking more about the toxic PVC fumes created from burning... trying to hold those smoking credit cards is a chore.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Anyone notice how Folgers has recently shrunk the bigger cans of coffee? Not even 2 pounds now.
    That's just to get used to the screwing over everyone will get when Obama announces the U.S. going to the metric system just to be in step with Europe and the rest of the world...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Actually I think the "screwing over" took place when we backed off adopting the metric system years ago. Not everything (or nearly anything for that matter) is better because they do it "over there", but the metric system clearly is. Twenty (or more) down years down the line we would all be thinking metric and most of our non-antique tools would have been updated with metric versions. We'd be stuck with converting systems to use our older tools, but we're stuck with that now for our newer tools (how many mm is about 1/4"?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    That's just to get used to the screwing over everyone will get when Obama announces the U.S. going to the metric system just to be in step with Europe and the rest of the world...

My dirty little secret: I'm starting to convert all of my measurements over to metric. Imperial is just downright silly and completely random.

No that's interesting. In the master bath, it often stops and needs a plunge or two to clear the toilet. The nightmare is the powder room and jack and jill bathroom that are back to back, we constantly have problems with them. I've been blaming it on one of the kids flushing a toy or similar and dreading having to open the clean out plugs. What the best (or better) to use instead of Charmin. Been buying it mostly because Sams sells the big packs...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Just a word of advice!! If your on a septic system, DON'T use the Charmin TP. It's too tough to break down quickly enough to prevent clogs. It's like flushing rags, and they will hang up on any grease or foreign object in the pipe walls, and may take forever to actually break down in the system itself.. If your system is sluggish, and your using Charmin, you may end up out in the woods squatting over a log, along with the bears they use to advertise it!

Hmmmmm, I'm on septic and use two ply, quilted, cushy whatever. I get what is softest for my back end. Never a problem. Stopped up toilets? Well, yeah, sometimes...but it isn't the TP that is causing the problem. If you are having problems, I believe it is more likely an issue with your pipes than the TP.
    I drink, therefore I am.

...or it could be an issue with your diet!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Hmmmmm, I'm on septic and use two ply, quilted, cushy whatever. I get what is softest for my back end. Never a problem. Stopped up toilets? Well, yeah, sometimes...but it isn't the TP that is causing the problem. If you are having problems, I believe it is more likely an issue with your pipes than the TP.
    We use quilted/cushy too, but Charmin is downright tough! If you need TP that is that tough, it just might be your diet..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    Actually I think the "screwing over" took place when we backed off adopting the metric system years ago. Not everything (or nearly anything for that matter) is better because they do it "over there", but the metric system clearly is. Twenty (or more) down years down the line we would all be thinking metric and most of our non-antique tools would have been updated with metric versions. We'd be stuck with converting systems to use our older tools, but we're stuck with that now for our newer tools (how many mm is about 1/4"?)...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    My dirty little secret: I'm starting to convert all of my measurements over to metric. Imperial is just downright silly and completely random.
    Are you guys in the wrong thread?