Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corel X5 And Windows 7 64 Bit

Question Corel X5 And Windows 7 64 Bit

Just got a new computer and software, installed Windows 7 64 Bit along with Corel X5 and can't get to print to my Epilog EXT 36 even using the latest drivers from Epilog. Has anyone else tried this combinatation with any success? Did a couple of searches on the net and this doesn't seem to be resolved yet, just keen to hear if anybodys found a solution.

Thanks
    JUSTIN

I assume you got the new 64 bit drivers from Epilog. I understand they were just posted late last week. Here is some more info from their site:

Issues printing large files from 32-bit applications on a 64-bit operating system:
    There appear to be a number of known issues associated with printing from 32-bit applications (CorelDraw, Illustrator, etc) that are installed on 64-bit operating systems. Most graphics software applications were designed for 32-bit computing, and they operate fairly well in a 64-bit environment, but we have heard and read on the Internet that many manufacturers of output devices, like large format printers, are having difficulty when printing large files from these 32-bit applications on 64-bit operating systems. It’s been suggested that the problem lies within one of the Windows print spoolers.

In Epilog’s case, the issues reported to us have been with large files, especially when printed at 1200 DPI, large stamp files, or large 3D files. If you run these types of jobs you should seriously consider the 32-bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7. Please check back with us as we will provide updates as new information becomes available.
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 07-19-2010 at 6:00 PM.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Jason, what type of stuff have you tried sending it? Does anything work?

The reason I ask is, the term "large file" in the info Larry posted generally means "over 2GB", which is not the kind of thing one usually tries as a test case.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Also, make sure you set your document to the preset destination > Default RGB, if you use CMYK mode the laser won't recognize the colors, also set your color management to Simulate Color Management Off preset, to set it go to, Tools>Color Management>Default Settings>Simulate Color Management Off. Just another option just in case :-).

Ruben

Hi Guys

Have tried printing a 25mm by 25mm square black colour fill and hairline outline, no go! The message " Print driver host for 32bit application has stopped working". I do have the Epilog 64bit print driver installed? Could this be a Corel 5 issue?

Did you try calling Epilog tech support? or..I guess in your case e-mail them.
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 07-20-2010 at 3:00 PM.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bratton View Post
    Did you try calling Epilog tech support? or..I guess in your case e-mail them.
    I call, via Skype. Cheap (about 1/25th of what it costs to use my landline) and a lot better than email.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

I was just thinking of the time difference. I believe South Africa is about 8 hours ahead of Colorado. Epilog opens at 6am MT, so I guess he could call early evening his time and get them mid-morning..right?

Hi Guys

I have sent them a mail, but after searching on the web this seems to be a know issue with no fix at this stage, I may be wrong but I'll keep you posted.

Can't you just go back to the 32bit driver until that is resolved?

OK I've got it working thanks to Brian at Epilog Tech Support, downloaded a new driver ver8.07 which resolved the issue. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Harrington View Post
    OK I've got it working thanks to Brian at Epilog Tech Support, downloaded a new driver ver8.07 which resolved the issue. So far so good
    Good ole Epilog tech support...THEY ARE FANTASTIC! Glad you got it working.
    (I must add though, the 8.07 driver was the one I referred to at the beginning of the thread. There is also a post on here by Tim Bateson about that driver just being released)
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 07-20-2010 at 6:04 PM.

Can't you just go back to the 32bit driver until that is resolved?
    A 64bit system requires 64bit drivers. You can use 32bit software, but not 32bit drivers.

...(I must add though, the 8.07 driver was the one I referred to at the beginning of the thread. There is also a post on here by Tim Bateson about that driver just being released)
    Another nice thing about the new driver - jobs load faster too.
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 07-21-2010 at 8:30 AM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    A 64bit system requires 64bit drivers. You can use 32bit software, but not 32bit drivers.
    I was able to load 32bit drivers under virtual XP and they work under windows 7 64bit environment. I have a vinyl cutter and a vinyl printer that does not and will not have 64bit drivers developed for them. You can download virtual XP off the Microsoft web site, only catch is that you have to have windows 7 professional or greater to run virtual XP.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christen View Post
    I was able to load 32bit drivers under virtual XP and they work under windows 7 64bit environment. I have a vinyl cutter and a vinyl printer that does not and will not have 64bit drivers developed for them. You can download virtual XP off the Microsoft web site, only catch is that you have to have windows 7 professional or greater to run virtual XP.
    I'm guessing your virtual XP is running in a 32bit window, ie running in a 32bit (sub) system.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC