Thread: 2010 Vectric User Group Meeting

2010 Vectric User Group Meeting

The following information was announced by Tony McKenzie on the Vectric Forum:

2010 Vectric User Group Meeting

Following last year's very successful User Group Meetings, the Vectric Team are very pleased to announce that the 2010 Meeting will be in Memphis on the 8th & 9th October at the Radisson Hotel Memphis Airport.

The meeting is primarily for Aspire customers, but everyone is welcome. So if you are a customer or just interested in CNC machining, you are invited to join the presentations and training classes that will look at what's new in the latest versions of the software and be a great social event.

For more details and To Register for the meeting please click here >

Please note that the Draft Agenda is for reference and this will be updated closer to the date.

got my resevations the day of announcements!!

wanted to bump this up as tony has announced the release of the next version of vcarve/aspire before the enf of the year

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtop...=8874&start=15

It looks like we will have to wait until after the 8th of October to laern what the folks at Vectric have been up to

Can't wait for the new list of features, so far every upgrade has been great stuff!

Im looking forward to the meeting. I have to confess I have not used Aspire for 3D with exception of using models created by others. But today I sat down and made my first model. It had to bee something that I wanted to do. So it is a Bulldog Logo. Time to do it was less than one hour. I thought this stuff was going to be hard like some of the other 3D titles I have used.

Aspire is way too ez. With software like this you should see a CNC Router in every shop.

Belinda tell me what cha think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Y'all got some funny looking bulldogs.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Y'all got some funny looking bulldogs.

Yea but they do bite hard.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

tony has posted agenda

latest post describes the agenda

Memphis 2010 Aspire User Group Meeting Day 1
    2010 Aspire User Group Meeting
    Provisional Agenda

Friday 8th October

7:00 - 8:30 Registration + Light breakfast - Coffee / Drinks and Muffin’s
    8:30 - 9:00 Welcome and Introduction
    Introduction to the Vectric staff and overview of the two days activities.
    9:00 - 10:30 What’s new in Aspire 3 & VCarve Pro 6
    Tony McKenzie from Vectric will demonstrate the new features planned for the new releases of Aspire and VCarve Pro.
    10:30 - 11:00 Coffee / Drinks Break
    11:00 - 12:30 Large CNC Routed Sign Project
    James Booth from Vector Art 3D will demonstrate a complete sign project. This presentation will include the vector drawing and layout, 3D modelling and setup of toolpaths to carve the finished parts. The presentation will also discuss manufacturing techniques used in sign making and cover different ways to approach lettering.
    12:30 - 1:30 Lunch – Supplied by Vectric
    1:30 - 3:00 Modeling a 3D Face in Aspire
    James will explain the planning, vector setup and modeling stages involved in creating a relief style portrait from an image in Aspire. For this project a painting of George Washington will form the base for creating the 3D model. The techniques covered in this presentation will also be applicable for work using a photograph as a starting point.
    3:00 - 3:30 Coffee / Drinks Break
    3:30 - 5:00 Customer Presentations
    Making Money with Aspire by Tim Merrill – In this presentation Tim will look at some of his recent arched molding, furniture and template projects that have been designed and routed using Aspire.
    Finishing Techniques by Paul Nielsen – Paul will demonstrate how to use a finishing technique to convert low cost materials such as MDF into high value products that appear to be metal coated.
    After the presentation there will also be an opportunity to show and discuss your own work with other attendees. So please bring along any interesting work you have done using the software.
    Memphis 2010 Aspire User Group Meeting Day 2

Saturday 9th October

8:00 - 9:00 Light breakfast - Coffee / Drinks and Muffin’s
    9:00 - 10:30 VCarve Pro and Aspire Tips and Tricks
    In this session Tony will demonstrate tips, tricks and techniques that will help you get the most from Aspire and VCarve Pro.
    10:30 - 11:00 Coffee / Drinks Break
    11:00 - 1:00 Designing and Carving a Fireplace Mantel with Aspire
    In this session James will demonstrate how to create the parts for a traditional carved mantel. This will cover the basic layout and modelling for the main parts and will also cover the modeling and carving of a 3 sided corbel.
    1:00 - 2:00 Lunch – Supplied by Vectric
    2:00 - 3:00 Modeling ‘Real Objects’ in Aspire
    James will explain how to create optimized (low depth) relief models of ‘real objects’ such as buildings and vehicles that require special techniques to make them look realistic in low relief.
    3:00 - 3:30 Coffee / Drinks Break
    3:30 - 4:15 Texturing Panels with Aspire
    In this session James will look at different approaches to create textures in Aspire and discuss some of the particular issues involved with this such as tiling panels and parts.
    4:15 - 5:00 Editing and Modifying 3D Model in Aspire
    In this final session James will show how one of the Vector Art 3D horse models can be broken down into individual component pieces to allow the model to be easily re-positioned into different poses, such as running or trotting.
    5:00 Round up by the Vectric Team + Questions and Answers

Closing note
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-19-2010 at 9:03 AM.

These are the current options for people who are interested in purchasing or upgrading the various Vectric Products:

Clarification - We have 4 different groups of Aspire customers asking questions.

1. Existing Aspire customers who purchased their license over 12 months ago
    2. Existing Aspire customers who purchased their license less than 12 months ago
    3. VCarve Pro / Cut3D / Cut2D customers looking to upgrade to Aspire now
    4. New prospects thinking of purchasing Aspire now

So to be more specific about how the release of Aspire 3 will work please review
    the following information.

Assuming Aspire 3 is released during December 2010 (we cannot guarantee a
    release date), the following rules will be applied.

1. Customers who purchased their Aspire license before December 2009 will have
    the option to upgrade to version 3 - price to be announced.

2. Customers who purchased Aspire after December 2009 will receive the upgrade
    to version 3 free of charge.

3. Customers with VCarve Pro, Cut3D, Cut2D who are looking to upgrade to Aspire
    before version 3 is released will receive a free upgrade to the new version when
    it is released.

VCarve Pro customers wishing to upgrade from an older version of VCarve Pro
    (or Cut2D) to the current version of VCarve Pro 5.5. Will receive a free upgrade
    to version 6 when it is released.

4. New customers purchasing Aspire between now and the release date of version 3
    will receive a free upgrade as part of their 12 month

I hope this all makes sense and please let me know if you have any questions.

Tony