Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biscuit Joiners

Blog Entries
    I don't have a biscuit joiner and don't plan to get one. I don't see it as a must have tool. n the other hand, I do find a lot of use for my pocket hole jig and will continue to use it as I feel the need.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I started out with a Freud JS100, then a PC557 (great machine) but now use my Festool Domino almost exclusively. I haven't used the PC since the day my Domino arrived! I should probably sell the PC.

Anything you can do with biscuits can be done with a Domino and the result is stronger. I still use my Kreg pocket jig with Dominos for a bulletproof joint.

i have the dewalt but now the two pieces joining not lining up properly. can not see any ajustment in it so think will be time to replace. domino or new pc biscuit??

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    i have the dewalt but now the two pieces joining not lining up properly. can not see any ajustment in it so think will be time to replace. domino or new pc biscuit??
    If you are asking about a Domino then I would ask about a Lamello BJ instead of the PC since the prices are more in line. Either way my vote is for the Festool, it has so much more potential but 4 times what the PC BJ is.

I have an Elu biscuit jioner and I still use it. It is a great tool. I wouldn't call it a must have. The must have is a Krep pocet hole jig. The biscuit joiner is a "nice to have" when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    There is indeed an adjustment for the fence. It usually gets "koncked" out of parallel from rough handling. Loosen the front screws and bump it back into alignment. They usually get twisted a little so the slots are tilted opposite of each other.

I had this problem with mine when it was fairly new, it's not hard to fix.

Though I rarely use the fance anymore. I much prefer to register the bottom face of the tool against something, like the bench top or a wooden fence clamped in place.