Thread: Epilog Zing Problem need help

Exclamation Epilog Zing Problem need help

I have had my Zing for about 8 months, I think the time I took to evaluate different vendors and products was well spent. I am very happy with the product.

My problem is the table inside that goes up and down, it's not level and I am unable to find any documentation on the Epilog website with instructions on how to level the table.

My email request has gone unanswered, which is very unusual for Epilog.

So I am turning to the creek for answers.

How can I level my table? The back is higher then the front, so when I vector cut the beam isn't focused properly near the front.

I can disable the X/Y and drop down the focus pin and move it around the table and see about 1/8" difference.

Thanks
    Zach

Did you try this on the Epilog site

http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_adjustingtable.htm
    -
    Zing 24 - 40 watts
    Corel X3/X5/X6
    Autocad 2016

Thanks Joe

I looked at that page before posting, and it was a different model. However I went back and looked again, and still it has different hardware. However by going back and looking again, I did realize the problem is not actually with the table itself, it's the vector cutting grid hardware that is uneven.

I have taken some card stock and placed it under the vector cutting grid and was able to even it out.

It's unfortunate that the Epilog vector grid assembly has no adjustment for leveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe De Medeiros View Post
    Did you try this on the Epilog site

http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_adjustingtable.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Buckholz View Post
    It's unfortunate that the Epilog vector grid assembly has no adjustment for leveling it.
    Don't feel bad, it's not limited just to Epilog... did a little shimming myself ;-)
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Buckholz View Post

Are you sure, on page 140 of the zing manual, it explains how to level the vector cutting table, or is it out more than the screws allow.
    -
    Zing 24 - 40 watts
    Corel X3/X5/X6
    Autocad 2016

Zing table level

Zach,

Emails going unanswered is not acceptable. Please forward the emails to me at pecks at epiloglaser dot com so we can do some digging and find out where the emails ended up.

Tech support is open 6-6PM M-F and can be reached at 303.215.9171.

Hopefully you've figured out the proper way to adjust your table/vector grid to match. If not, give our tech group a call.

When you get a minute, please forward those emails.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

Peck, we don't see you around here as much these days. I often wonder what role you have at Epilog now. I know you left Tech Support for another role. Are you still in that role?

Just curious
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hi Steve. It's been a little over 3 years since I've left our tech support department for an inside sales position here at Epilog.

When I'm in the office I spend a few minutes each morning reading thru the forums and jump in when I can offer some assistance. Not posting much nowadays simply because when someone posts an Epilog enquiry, their questions are quickly answered by one of the many knowledgeable SMC members or they've figured it out or they've learned to contact our tech support group.

What I do: My two main titles at Epilog are applications manager & Asia sales coordinator. I work closely with our products testing new and exciting materials & applications. As the Asia sales coordinator, I manage & support our distribution channels in this region of the world.

Since I've been on the forums since my early days with tech support, it just made sense for me to continue with my involvement on the forums for all things Epilog related.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

I had the same problem very recently and found this thread but could not find an answer how to level the table on Epilog Zing.

I figured it out myself so here I'm posting the solution:

Epilog Zing's table is attached to four vertical screws that move the table up and down. Each screw goes through black female screw. The table itself is attached using aluminum sleeves that contain a single screw with hex head cap. Using an allen wrench, you can loosen this screw, allowing the sleeve to slide up and down, aligning the table. Set the table height to touch the focusing tool, then move the arm around to each corner to check for alignment. Align one corner at a time. Procedure took few minutes and now my laser's table is all nice and level.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Zenka View Post
    I had the same problem very recently and found this thread but could not find an answer how to level the table on Epilog Zing.

I figured it out myself so here I'm posting the solution:

Epilog Zing's table is attached to four vertical screws that move the table up and down. Each screw goes through black female screw. The table itself is attached using aluminum sleeves that contain a single screw with hex head cap. Using an allen wrench, you can loosen this screw, allowing the sleeve to slide up and down, aligning the table. Set the table height to touch the focusing tool, then move the arm around to each corner to check for alignment. Align one corner at a time. Procedure took few minutes and now my laser's table is all nice and level.
    Your desire to help is appreciated but I'm pretty sure they found the answer to this 7 year old post.