Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AT&T U-Verse

Does anyone know if the Pair Bonding is a standard offering for U-Verse now or is it dictated by location availability? Is it dependent on which package you order, i.e. the more channels you order along with the higher speed Internet Access you want may dictate the need for Pair Bonding?

-Mike

after searching around, looks to me like it's purely distance based. they're not using it to raise bandwidth to the closer people, but rather to extend availability to the further people.

my understanding of uverse is it's entirely demand based. so the number of available channels doesn't matter, since you're only pulling two HD or four SD at any given time from the box down the street.

I had heard that the pair bonding was going to be used to increase bandwidth to overcome the limitation of only being able to watch (or record) two HD channels at any one time. In other words, if you've got 3 HD TVs in the house, only two of them can watch HD channels while the third is forced to a standard def channel. This two HD channel limitation was reportedly because of the limited amount of bandwidth AT&T could deliver over the copper run from the neighborhood DSLAM.

We're a DISH household now, but my wife works for AT&T so once the service is available in our neighborhood we'll be switching.

Mike

Well, so far so good for us.

BTW, if I change my plan right now, I lose my nice $60/month discount so we'll be doing the U450 pkg for the next 12 months.

We had some problems with remote control response but AT&T sent out a new one and it is much better now.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.