Jack.jpg
How young are you? 50

Physical description (Family rated, please) 6” 4” tall, 240 pounds, thinning brown hair, and brown eyes which my wife says never look at the road but at the trees along the road. I just let her drive so I can pay better attention to the trees.

Where is home? I live a few miles from a small state university called Western Carolina University in Cullowhee N.C.

Where else have you lived? I’ve lived my whole life in the same neighborhood. The land I call home has been in our family since 1936, no sense missing with a good thing.

Family information: Married to my wonderful wife Trish for 25 years and have a 7-year-old son Jared. Jared has been a blessing in our life. We were 18 years into our marriage when Jared came into our lives. He has been well worth the wait.

Do you have a website? No website yet.

Vocation: High School Shop teacher for 27 years.

Shop Overview: Being a shop teacher over the last 27 years, I’ve always worked in my school shop. I just built my home shop a few years ago in preparation of my upcoming retirement. It took almost a year and a half to finish the building. I did all the work on it by myself except for pouring the slab and setting the trusses. For the slab, I hired a crew to do it, but for the trusses, I called in some friends for a hard day’s work. The only other help I had was from my then 5-year-old son. He had a blast driving nails in the soul plate but was able to help hold one end of the tape for long measurements. My shop is 26’ x 34’ with 12’ by 34’ upstairs.
home shop.JPG
The upstairs has a photo tent in the back that works well. I hope to build a finish booth in the upstairs in the future. It is a turning shop with a table saw used for storage 99.9% of the time.

About the only thing left to build in my shop would be cabinets to go around the walls, but it’s hard for me to go back into the flat world even when the result would help my turning.
Bandsaw.jpgsanding station.jpgwork bench full of calls being made.jpg
Continued on the next page....