Thread: Way, WAY OT! Playstation 2 ???

Question Way, WAY OT! Playstation 2 ???

OK, as I recall, there was one or more Playstation afficianado's back at the Pond. I'm hoping they're hanging around here, too. My question is quite simple, I guess. The PS2 has a USB port on it. My daughter has one of those Action Replay disks, for which you can enter a guzillion codes for the different games, but is a real chore doing it with the controller. The question is, although I know there's a "special" keyboard available for this purpose, does anyone know if a plain old USB keyboard (the PC variety) will work for this purpose? If figure USB is USB and the game console is nothing more than a computer anyway, so why not? True? Yes/no?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

As far as I know.............

..........John, a regular PC USB compatible Key Board will work on the Playstation 2 Console. I checked on this a while back, and I was told it would work. Yes, I do play with Playstation, I am the current household ruler of Operation Desert Storm. I think with all that is going on in Iraq right now, I will get the Desert Storm Game out and GET BUSY!

Oh, man....

...are you caught up!!!!
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Cool Thanks Kev!

I'm glad I can use a regular KB (USB) on that. I just got done buying her new controllers last weekend, 'cuz the original one took a dump and the "extra" we got her for Christmas is actually for a PS1 and won't work on all the PS2 games. She was bummed, so I had to make it right for her. At least now I won't have to spend extra $$ for a special KB, as I've got USB's hangin' around. Thanks again and get busy w/that Desert Storm!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Blog Entries
    m ps2 hooked here myself. got a lot of $$$ invested in this thing too. have several of the online games but havent set up for it yet. still trying to figure the online cost after the first free year.

how would you use the keyboard? private messaging during the game?......jack

Cool Hey Jack,

Well, you got me on the on-line playing. I don't have a clue. Fact is, the only time I ever get on the one at home is when my little girl is in the mood to kick some serious butt! She whoops my behind, major league, on any game she puts in there!

I have DirecPC for my Internet connection, so any on-line gaming is out of the question, anyway, because the latency is so humongous. I do know that the KB, which is advertised to sell specifically for the PS2, refers to some on-line gaming. My reason is just so she can enter different "advantage" (read as: cheat) codes easier than with the regular controller.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas