Thread: New Bottle Stoppers

New Bottle Stoppers

I did some turning yesterday before, we went to the neighbors for dinner because I knew there would be no turning after.

I had some more of the salvaged firewood from another camping trip that I'm not sure what type of wood it is except beautiful. It is spalted throughout. Made 3 bottle stopper from that piece and one I played with and made a captive ring on it. The other two are from a small piece of cherry that I have been hanging on to for awhile.

Thanks for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Very nice Dick!
    I realy like the first cherry one.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Really like the spalted wood. The cherry is lovely also. Good job, Dick!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Thumbs up

As usual Dick - An outstanding job.

One of the things I like so much about turning is the many different things you can make. The PROBLEM is that I keep wanting to try them all!

Bruce

Dick, which of the two styles you show in the pictures do you like best? I have been turning some of the chrome stoppers and was curious about your thoughts.

keithz
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. These are fun to make and like Bruce, I like to try a little of everything.

Keith, there are really 3 different styles in the pictures. My favorite is the chrome and then the cork and then silicon (not in these pics). One of the spalted stoppers is a combo of chrome and cork. I don't really like the combo and the two that I have made were both defective, so I won't be getting any more of them. I use the PSI stopper lathe chuck PK-BS1-MJ for all my stoppers. If I don't use the chrome stopper then I drill it out to 3/8" and put in a dowel for either the cork or silicon.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Hey Dick, if you have full bottles for all them stoppers, it may be time for a road trip! You're doing a super job on those little guys! Great detail and it seems you never run out of new and interesting designs. Nice job, my friend!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!