Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: addiction

dang michelle, thats pretty impressive, takes a ton of patience, most of us turners don't have that kind of patience, thats why we turn. Insta gratification.

Absolutely stunning!!!! Love the seat work as well.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!

Stunning chair, nicely done!
    Change One Thing

It's really nice to see some top notch spindle turning for a change. It seems like bowls and hollow forms prevail around here to the point where you almost forget that there are other things you can do on a lathe. That's a sweet chair. Looks like a nice job on the seat too...
    David DeCristoforo

You could be addicted to worse things. I would love to build an entire set of chairs very similar to this one.

Beautiful chair. Great symmetry. Very nicely done.

WOW...Very nicely done Michelle.

Waddaya mean, ridiculous? That's beautiful.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Fantastic work. I too appreciate seeing such inspiring spindle work, not to mention chair building!

Thank you ladies & gents..I too see very little spindle work anymore. I love bowls and forms, but good spindle work is disappearing. Funny, over on WOW I got awarded" Picture of the Day" becau se of spindle work. It's rarer than hen's teeth. I think it may be because we all probably started with spindle turning, and somehow think that when we go to bowl turning, we have graduated to a higher plane???? If any of you have secret spindle work, and haven't posted it, let's see it!

addiction - i dont smoke, i dont drink but dont touch my wood...lol

I am looking forward to making something with spindles and have quite a few stored up but right now have nothing requiring them.

Very nice chair and I hope to have the patience to make something like that one day...
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant