Thread: Curtain Tieback Re-designed

Curtain Tieback Re-designed

Using Andrea's idea of a no-screw tieback, I designed this one, which is a one piece deal instead of two. It's just a rounded rectangle with a hole in the middle, then heated and bent to make it curve on the front and back.

I hope you can see the thing in the pix, but it's easy to use and is still fairly invisible. It does change the shape of the curtain, so I'm not sure if I like it better than the first design that had to be screwed to the window moulding (an idea my husband does not like!)

cheers, dee
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Okay, that last one was too clunky, so I thinned it and made it smaller to make it shape the curtain better. Here is the final design which I think I will use! I left it flat on the back and curved on the front.

cheers, dee
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 05-28-2010 at 2:15 PM.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Very nice Dee. Less obtrusive, does not detract from the drapes. I like it.
    George

I dunno.. I think they're all pretty clever..

Curtain tie back ideas. Now, I've got four ideas here. The simplest is this swing arm brass curtain tie back which would be fitted to the wall or the window frame and would hook round the curtain and be very simple indeed.