Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Epilog laser stopped firing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    James mine did start to take a little longer before initially starting off but it was very much dependent on the ambient temperature in my cabin. It also isn't uncommon for other users to have the same thing with theirs, but to suddenly stop working was a little alarming to say the least.

Getting back up and running was the most impressive thing of all, the guys at Identify and Epilog certainly don't hang about, so still very impressed with them and why I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.
    If I take a few days off, and the shop is down in temperature, the initial firing of the tube does take a few seconds (5-15), I think the longest I had to wait was 45 seconds, but that was after a week of no use. Once it fires, it starts right away for the rest of the day. It's only the initial firing that sometimes takes a few seconds. My old tube Fired first time every time right up to the end. Even then, it didn't quit, it just had a big power drop off..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I too experience the occasional initial refusal to fire, sometimes it requires maybe 15 seconds of warm up. I don't think its related to tube life, as it did that when new. My tube is well past its predicted life span. I adjusted some power settings about a year ago, no change since then.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

If your tube has a "cold-start" issue, try adjusting Laser Tickle mode/intensity.

4. Best of luck Frank

I'm still waiting for results from the tech visit it's been over a month now.

I'll start nagging them on Monday.

I'm a patient man but this is gettign beyond a joke.

Regards

Roy N.
    Roy N.
    from Birkdale on the Bay Brisbane, Australia
    Skype ID is roynicho

Windows XP...Gravograph LS 100 30 Watt...Corel Draw x4...Photoshop CS 3...GravoStyle 5
    and struggling with most of them...but enjoying it.