Thread: Lapel pins

Lapel pins

I'm looking for a source for lapel pin or similar blanks in different shapes, round, square, rectangular etc. I'm planing on painting or using other process and then laser them depending on need, most will be for poker runs. After engraving I plan on epoxy doming them. A blank with a outside lip would be ideal. Has anyone ever seen a supplier for these? I have searched the net and can't find anything I'm looking for yet.

Thanks
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

I tried buy "blank Coins" awhile back, ones that too, had an edge but were blank. I planned to do a similar thing as you.

I was told from the coin companies that they would make them but it would be the same cost as if I had a die made and had them cast or "struck" and colored. I passed!

You may have better luck with pins, ask them if they have standard shapes and sizes and if they are available as blanks.

Most coin companies do pins also, as do ASI Distributors.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Well this is what I came up with. Its black brass with epoxy dome. Looks better than pic

Thanks Martin for the blank coin idea, I may try that in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Mike, that's a nice job - where did you end up getting the blanks? I like the shape and wide border very much. Thanks for posting!

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Hi Dee, Thanks for the compliment.

It's gloss black coated laser brass I buy in 12x24 sheets from Johnson Plastics, same as used for plaques, I just cut to size and rounded corners. Clutch pin epoxied onto back.
    Mike

Aha - so for those of us who have no metal cutting facility, we're back to searching. Love them, though, and the doming is a perfect finishing touch.

Thanks, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong