Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome our New Moderator - John Keeton!!!

Thumbs up Welcome our New Moderator - John Keeton!!!

Our one and only, John Keeton, has been accepted as SMC's newest moderator! Please go easy on him while he learns all the ins and outs of being a mod!

Welcome John! Glad you joined the team!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I like John, he seems like an honest and upfront kind of guy... If this is what he wants then I am happy for him..
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Congratulations, John................I think.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

I'd hope it's what he wants Karl. It'd be pretty interesting if the internet and Steve Schlumpf have powers so strong, so powerful, that Steve could actually make you a mod against your own will

John is a great guy, worked with him a few times and gone back and forth via email. Always a pleasure, always has great input and something to say.
    The Tool Nut
    Systainerworld

I suspect John does well in all things in life! Welcome aboard John!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Cool beans! Congrats John!
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Congrats John!

I guess it only makes sense. I mean, if he's not turning, then he's in here.
    Does John even know what the other forums of Sawmill Creek look like any more? For that matter, does he even know what the inside of a court room looks like any more?
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ackerman NY View Post
    I'd hope it's what he wants Karl. It'd be pretty interesting if the internet and Steve Schlumpf have powers so strong, so powerful, that Steve could actually make you a mod against your own will

John is a great guy, worked with him a few times and gone back and forth via email. Always a pleasure, always has great input and something to say.
    Well you know the turning vortex has powers that strong and well Steve, hmmmm wont go there...lol
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Congrats John. Just remember where you came from.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

John always has a kind and encouraging word for everyone. Who better.
    fmr

I only expect trouble to come from this...

Good to have you as a MOD. It can be challenging at times. But it is always a treat to be behind the scene. Good luck and enjoy the new controls.

Congratulations to John! What more can you ask for in a moderator.

Congrats John. Very fitting Steve and company....

Bravo, bravo to Steve for accepting and John for offering, a great pair.

John Keeton??? John Keeton?? Who the heck is John Keeton?

Oh ya, he's that one guy who asked a question a while back about buying a Harbor Freight lathe to do some table legs, if remember right. Said something about having no interest in bowls or hollowforms. Just needed something to enhance his flatwork (sorry for cursing) projects. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, can we trust this man, this kind and genteel southern lawyer that has tricked us into believing that we can turn a table leg into a work of art. Tricked us into thinking that a person can jump from "how do I turn this thing on?" to "I've been juried into an art gallery" in what, something like 6 months! This guy is exactly the why turning is such a "vortex". If we let a guy like this go so far as becoming a "moderator", what's next. This is a slippery slope! We're creating a situation that can only result in drawing more and more defenseless people into the vortex.

But on the other hand, John, maybe if you have to spend more time "moderating" and less time turning, maybe the rest of us can catch up a little.

Congratulations John! You'll do a fine job I'm sure.