Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Need of a Good Laugh

Lightbulb In Need of a Good Laugh

I'm in need of a good laugh right about now. What's the craziest or funniest story you have about a customer or customers? If you have a few please share.

Mine would have to be a call we received from a woman wanting to know where we were located. When I told her, she said "oh that's too far". Yet she was only a town away, it would have taken her probably 15 to 20 min to get here. I had to laugh after I hung up, what did she want us to do, bring the equipment to her?!

2 funny but somewhat risque stories

One of my customers who'se wife just had a baby bought a small award and had " Life doesn't start with a whimper - It starts with bang" engraved on it.

I had a hoity toity know it all film director come in and ordered 1000 what looked like pens engraved - was for a science fiction film , these were snapped and they released some sort of gas (in the film). He gave me the engraving and I said "are you sure you want this..." He snapped back - "yes , thats EXACTLY what I want on then" I said "but..." he interrupted and said "just do it!!"
    We went ahead and he came to collect the pens.
    Next day he came back in a FURY "WHY did you engrave PENIS on my pens??"
    I replied "but I tried to tell you that engraving PEN15 on those devices might NOT be a good idea."
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Thanks for the chuckles, Rodney
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Blog Entries
    Haha, that's a good one, Rodney...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Nice one Rodney with the Pen15 - it reminds me of that movie 'Play Misty For Me' starring Clint Eastwood. In the end credits (all in capitals) they put the L to near the I in his name, now that made me laugh.... a lot!!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Haha, that is a good story! Some people are just too much, lol!

That sound similar to the website where I get all of our pens: www dot pen island dot com....

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Chris... I think that one just got me banned by the IT department

FYI to all: It's PenIsland.net, not .com
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

ant then there is the story of
    Ranger Dan and his big dog, Dick.

Make sure you punctuate properly...

I don't have a funny customer story, but the weather was beautiful here today, so I opened the bay door at the back, opened the front door to let a breeze come through the shop. There's a middle door to go from the office area to the shop, and it kept closing from the wind, so I took a bungee cord, put it around the door knob and then onto a piece of equipment behind it. No big deal. Closed up shop, left the door there open, no big deal, the AC wasn't on. So I came back to work after dinner, went to the back, turned the lights on, came up to the front, grabbed that door knob to pull the door closed and when I pulled it to close it, the tension finally got high from the bungee and it pulled the door back open out of my hand.

Scared the you know what out of me! I thought for sure someone was behind the door. After the sudden heart rate jump up to 180, I realized I had tied it off earlier I knew I shouldn't have come back to work tonight
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Haha, that's a good one Scott! It's funny how you forget things like that and scare yourself occasionally. I sometimes think we have little gremlins running around..."man I swear I put that over there, now where is it?! I can't find it!" Can't tell you how many times I've misplaced something.

I've got a weird one. I came in the shop today and since I am the only one here it is mighty quiet...

I go to the engraver, and I hear birds chirping...

Yep...some obviously way too dumb bird built a nest somewhere in our exhaust system...

I don't know how the birds survive all that exhaust (our blower is so overdesigned that the blowerr, when on, will hold down our material if it takes up 1/2 or more of the workspace (24 X 35 Epilog EXT).

Now I hafta figure out what to do...leave it as is, call animal control...move them myself...

Awww I hope they survive. I can't believe they were able to make a nest in there. Crazy birds!

Not a customer story really, just how dense I can be.

I was doing a lot of digital work form someone who had spent 10 years
    making a documentary on Hendrix. He often brought in photos that had
    to be scanned while he waited, then repacked and sent to Fedex. (he'd
    only have them overnight) Sometimes he had other people with him, but
    not anyone I knew. One day he brought in a stack of old Polaroids to be
    scanned and he introduced his friend Phoebe. We exchanged pleasantries
    and got to work. Usually when he brought things in, it was hectic and I
    had to stop everything else to work with him. They both had questions
    and suggestions about the work and we spent about an hour getting
    things ironed out.

At some point I mentioned that she had a very unusual voice, reminded
    me of a singer. She said "You mean Phoebe Snow? Yeah, I get that a lot"
    It took about 10 minutes for the little light to go on over my head, but
    when it finally did, they both laughed and told me "It took you long enough"

Haha! Good one. Yeah I'm sure we've all had moments like that where you slap your hand to your forehead (duh!), then you feel like a complete idiot, lol!