Thread: I went to a garage sale the other day...

I went to a garage sale the other day...

...and the fella there had some power tools for sale (a tad pricey, by the way).

Anyway...He pointed to a chop saw he was selling and said, "Yep. That is the saw that took my fingers."

He then proceeded to show me his fingerless left hand.

My first thought was, "Dude...we seriously need to work on your sales skills."

What a horrible story, but I love your last line!

You're right, it was/is horrible. I felt bad for him.

At first.

And then I went next door to another yard sale and the lady there told me, "The first finger he lost was an accident. The others were his fault. When he got home from the hospital after the accident, he went out to his shop to finish the project he was working on...and his bandage got caught in the blade."

And, once again, I went ""!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    he was working on...and his bandage got caught in the blade."!

that story just got crazy. Its hard to feel sorry for the guy.

Apparently, he wasn't meant to have those fingers. Now, if we could just find a way to take away brains that people don't use properly that don't deserve to keep them...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Apparently, he wasn't meant to have those fingers. Now, if we could just find a way to take away brains that people don't use properly that don't deserve to keep them...
    We certainly do have a method.... its called a 12 Guage shotgun with slug ammo.... or a Desert Eagle with Dum Dum rounds(explosive ammo, illegal in 50 states...)

Now recycling is a whole 'nother story....

Yikes! Time to get a ChopStop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Plavis View Post
    We certainly do have a method.... its called a 12 Guage shotgun with slug ammo.... or a Desert Eagle with Dum Dum rounds(explosive ammo, illegal in 50 states...)

Actually the term dum dum round is ancient and originally referred to a soft point bullet designed to expand at impact. AKA hollow point in a form. It was originally developed at a British arsenal in Dum Dum which is near Calcutta. edit: Had to look it up but the date was around 1890 or so.

The media version of dum dum is a whole different story.

Check my first sig line for my take on the whole thing with the saw.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Blog Entries
    This sounds like the old story (probably an urban legend but everyone know someone who's uncle did it) about the guy who cut his finger off with a saw and then showed someone how he did it and cut off another finger. Only this one is real and dumber.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    This sounds like the old story (probably an urban legend but everyone know someone who's uncle did it) about the guy who cut his finger off with a saw and then showed someone how he did it and cut off another finger. Only this one is real and dumber.
    I heard the same story, but it was the OSHA guy who lost the finger.....

Thanks, Joe, for once again clearing up misinformation posted on this forum by someone who doesn't know as much as they think they know. Thankfully, we know they don't know what they think they know...know what I mean? And don't say, "No."
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Plavis View Post

I was going to comment on this, but I think I'll just get me some popcorn and a milkshake. Ken should be around in about 4,3,2...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Willard View Post
    I was going to comment on this, but I think I'll just get me some popcorn and a milkshake. Ken should be around in about 4,3,2...
    My thoughts exactly!
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    You're right, it was/is horrible. I felt bad for him.

At first.

And then I went next door to another yard sale and the lady there told me, "The first finger he lost was an accident. The others were his fault. When he got home from the hospital after the accident, he went out to his shop to finish the project he was working on...and his bandage got caught in the blade."

And, once again, I went ""!
    WOW!!! Sure is a good thing he didn't decide to wear a neck tie that day!!!