Thread: Makita LS1216L SCMS - reviews?

Blog Entries

Makita LS1216L SCMS - reviews?

Has anyone had a chance to use the new Makita SCMS? I have a bunch of trim work ahead of me and am considering an upgrade from my old chopsaw. I am particularly interested in any comments concerning:

- dust collection abilities with attached vacuum
    - cut accuracy
    - quality of included blade (1" arbor, right?)
    - adjustment ease (especially micro adjustments, is the unit top-heavy making adjustments awkward, etc.)

Blog Entries
    Anyone? It looks like you can place this very close to a wall (ala Festool).

My LOML presented me with the new 12inch Makita LS1216L as a early Father Days gift the last week in March. So far, after an initial minor minor tune up adjustment the saw has preformed as rated by WOOD magazine article and a test from TOH crew. It is made to preform from general contracting to high quality cabinet work. No compliants.
    Maybe a little weak on the saw dust collection system, other than that just about perfect.

I just got mine today. Only complaint the manual's print is to small. Setup was very non existent once I figured out how to release the lower guides. I know. read the manual first. I made some cuts and the thing that got my imeadiate attention was the power and the smoothness while making the cut. it turely was like going through butter. Didnt mater if it was a 2 x12 or a 4x4 perfectely smooth all the way through. Ill post more after I do some real work.

Howard Boehm
    Pictures of Projects can be seen by clicking on My Profile and then Clicking on Howard Boehm's Home Page.

Tools: I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Boehm View Post
    Only complaint the manual's print is to small.
    The problem isn't that the PRINT is too SMALL, it's that your EYES are too OLD.

And yes, I suffer from that problem, too.