Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Creeker Support

Need Creeker Support

Here I am yet again turning to my fellow Creekers for support. This is easier for me because when my emotions are running high if someone hugs me, I cry. Cyber hugs don’t seem to have the same effect.

Last Thursday my grandmother fell, striking her head. This caused a pretty significant intracranial bleed. She was hospitalized and over the next couple of days became progressively non responsive. The family had to make the decision yesterday whether or not to have a feeding tube inserted. Her children decided to let nature take its course. The doctors estimate that she will live for two or three days.

It turns out that I shouldn’t have wasted time being concerned about making a good impression at the Creeker gathering since I won't be going. This is just another reminder to me to not sweat the small stuff.

Please keep us in your thoughts during this very difficult time.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda - my heart goes out to you and your entire family! Thoughts & prayers sent!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Tough time....tough decision.

My thoughts and prayer are going out to you, your grandmother and the rest of your family Belinda.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

You and your family are in our prayers.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Tough time....tough decision.

My thoughts and prayer are going out to you, your grandmother and the rest of your family Belinda.
    +1 as well!
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

You got it girl!

Our support, our hugs, and thoughts and prayers to you and your whole family! If Grandma is anything like you...I bet she is one special lady that has led an interesting life! Lots of Peace to your family during this difficult time!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

A big cyber hug is on its way.

I know how much my grandmother meant to me. Many fond memories.

I miss my grandmother so much. Wish I had had more time to spend with her. She had a stroke, and had a "No Heroics" DNR. When the Drs wanted to put in a feeding tube, my Dad asked if this would go against her DNR wishes, and they said it wouldn't. She lived for 7 or 8 more years. Paralyzed on her left side, but sharp as a tack until the end.
    A big hug coming your way. Remember the good times with her. Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Big hugs & prayers.

Another hug from Nebraska.

So sorry to hear this Belinda. A big hug from Charlotte and I.
    Mick

Blog Entries
    You always have our support. Our prayers for you and your family.

Belinda

Hugs and prayers from Keith and I to you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Jackie

Thank you all so much. I have such good memories of times with grandma. Her youngest child is four years older than me, my aunt Selma. When I was very young grandma would take Selma and me shopping with her twice a year. This was big deal for us because we got to go to the big city of Savannah (we lived in SC at the time) to the nice department stores. My grandmother always wore her hat and gloves. Selma and I were always decked out in our patent leather shoes, frilly dresses, and gloves. We even had matching purses. Before we left home grandpa would give us a dollar each so our purses wouldn't be empty. If we were well behaved grandma would treat us to a late lunch at the Pirate's House. We drank Shirley Temples and the waitress always put a parasol in the glass. All of my Barbie dolls had parasols.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
    Hugs and prayers for you and your family.