Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC Turner Interview - Wally Dickerman

Wally,

It's good to get to know more about you. Fishing hunting and woodturning; what a life. I am always inspired by your work. Congrats on the DWR award. It is well deserved. For anyone who has not met Wally, and his wife, they are wonderful gracious people. Wally has a very impressive collection of turnings; his own and the work of many other masters of woodturning. Thanks again Wally for sharing your talent with us.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Wally, thanks so much for taking the time to do this interview. I'm sure you would have rather been turning something
    Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Wally and Steve,
    Thanks for taking the time to do the interview. It's always nice to hear more about the people we meet at The Creek

Thanks to Wally and Steve..Just inspiring!

Great job Wally!

Steve, thanks for the great interview.

Wally, It was really great to read some history about your life, both turning related and all the other stuff. I would like to say a thank you for your service to our country and a BIG thanks for posting pictures of the vessels that you have pierced! It has really inspired me to go beyond the norm and start poking holes in my creations, as well.

Keep em coming, Wally. I cant wait to see what you turn, pierce and burn next.

Great interview. I hope I can still be turning and going strong when I reach your age. Maybe the turning is what has kept you looking and acting so young.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Very interesting, and beautiful work! I especially liked the white bowl (holly?) with the inlay work on it. Glad to know you're in Phoenix, PM sent!
    Actuall Dave, I live in Green Valley, 30 miles south of Tucson. Thanks for your comments.

Wally

Quote Originally Posted by David Walser View Post
    Wally and Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to make this interview available to us. I've had the privilege to attend one of Wally's demonstrations. If you're in the area when Wally is demonstrating at his local club, make sure you're there in person. Not only will you learn something (no matter how experienced you are, Wally will show you something new), but you'll also laugh. Wally has a delightful sense of humor.

I was one of the 400 who gave Wally a standing ovation at the 2007 DWR. The award was well deserved. I hope Wally will have many more years at the lathe and that more you you will have the treat of meeting this jewel of a man in person.
    Thanks for your kind words David. I plan to be at the Desert Roundup next Winter. I'm sure that I'll see you then.

Wally

Many thanks to everyone for all of your nice comments. I think that doing these interviews is a great idea. It's a pleasure to get to know more about other Creekers.

Steve, I am very grateful that you selected me to be interviewed for SMC. You did a great job. I guess that we all like to be pushed into the limelight once in a while.

Wally

11. Great interview Wally. You said you turn on a Oneway. I noticed your name and turnings in the Oneway Product catalog. Beautiful work. Thanks for all that you do!

Good looking stuff, Wally

am looking forward to meeting you one day. ..... Jerry (in Tucson) 25 miles North of Wally

It was great to come down to Green Valley and meet you in 2006. I wish you good health and lots of good shavings my friend
    Take care,
    Jim

Great interview! What a pleasure to learn more about one of our turners. Wally your work is fantastic and it was fascinating to learn more about your life. Thanks for sharing.

John

I enjoyed learning more about you Wally, and hope I can meet you in person some day.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.