Thread: Vega mini lathe duplicator templates?

Vega mini lathe duplicator templates?

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with cutting out templates for a Vega mini lathe duplicator? I'm starting to work with a customer where I may have to seriously look into getting a duplicator for her products. First thing that came to mind was a laser for cutting out some templates so figured I would hit the forum see if anyone has had any experience cutting them.

I haven't done any lathe templates, but I would imagine acrylic, or anything else that you could cut a profile for the stylus to follow would work..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

We have made a few for mini baseball bats and wooden footballs and used acryllic, because we had scrap that was the right size. Aloough not for the mini, these worked great for our full sized lathe and duplicator.

I am sure like Bill mentioned anything that you have, plastic, wood, etc would be great. It is all in the nice smooth cut line for it to follow.
    Last edited by Jim Lauer; 05-12-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Epilog Mini 18 35 watt, Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter, Roland SP540 Wide Format Printer, Roland EGX300 Rotary Engraver, Flexisign 8.1, Coreldraw X3, Photoshop CS2.