Thread: stainless steel dog tags

stainless steel dog tags

I need a source for stainless steel dog tags. I want something a little heavier gauge and without a lip around it. I got a quote from ID plates of 1.33 each for 100 pieces .29 thick. I thought that was a little steep. Chewbarka only has the light gauge.
    Thanks,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tony mazzone View Post
    I need a source for stainless steel dog tags. I want something a little heavier gauge and without a lip around it. I got a quote from ID plates of 1.33 each for 100 pieces .29 thick. I thought that was a little steep. Chewbarka only has the light gauge.
    Thanks,
    Tony

Engraving Specialties. They have it all.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

.29 thick? That's thick! Hope their big dogs, that could give the little ones a hernia... If their 'people' dog tags, that's heavy enough to leave a chain mark around your neck! Of course, it could also be used as a handy weapon if needed
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Blog Entries
    I thought the same, Bill... maybe the OP meant .029", or possibly 0.29mm (0.011")?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I need a source for stainless steel dog tags. I want something a little heavier gauge and without a lip around it. I got a quote from ID plates of 1.33 each for 100 pieces .29 thick.
    Tony,

PDU(Plastic Dress Up) carries a very nice, polished, ss dogtag that lasers great. I'd guestimate about .04"
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Oops. I forgot a zero. I meant .029. Engraving specialties has one .031 but it has a notch at the bottom. I would have to have a new die made for it. I'll save that as an option if I can't find any other dealer.
    Thanks,
    Tony

Oops. I forgot a zero. I meant .029. Engraving specialties has one .031 but it has a notch at the bottom. I would have to have a new die made for it. I'll save that as an option if I can't find any other dealer.
    Thanks,
    Tony
    Tony,
    The aforementioned PDU tag does not have the notch at the bottom.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Oops. I forgot a zero.
    Just don't do that on your taxes
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Do you have a phone number for a PDU distributor. Liberty and The Source no longer carry them.
    Thanks,
    Tony

PDU Distributor Locator

Since I can't tell where you are located, your best bet may be to go here & type in your zip code...

http://www.pdu.com/
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

11. I realize this is an old thread but https://identificationtags.com has stainless steel dog tags with no notch in .030 thickness