Thread: Coconut

Coconut

Anyone have a supplier for coconut for earrings, necklaces, etc?

PM sent (from the land of coconuts).
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

I ordered a sample pack from Laser Bits. They are resonably priced, haven't engraved them yet.

The Laserbits coconut is very very light in shade and I wonder how come? I am guessing it is really immature coconut, or maybe some other species than I have seen. Our coconuts (at least at maturity) are deep brown with lighter highlights. Hard to get contrast in comparison to the Laserbits pictures. When we do name tags we color-fill with gold Rubnbuff. (We have tried Gilder's paste but in this particular case the consistency of Rubnbuff seems to work better.) FWIW - these shells were prepped with a LOT of sanding and a speck of paste wax, noting more. Nice and shiny!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.