I have been extremely busy with work and school for the past couple of years, so I haven't had a whole lot of time for Woodworking. However, last September, my wife started to redo our Bathroom without any real plan. When it came to the new vanity, both her and I had an idea of what we wanted but couldn't find anything that would work so I ended up making it.

I started this project back in November 2009 and just finished it. It took so long just because I haven't had the time to dedicate to it.

I made it from a combination of cherry and cherry ply and finished it using 3 coats of General Finishes Water Based Expresso Stain followed by 3 coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Gloss. A coat of General Finishes Pre-stain conditioner was applied before anything else.

Here is the frame glue-up - All joinery was done using the Festool Domino:

The front:

From the side:

The drawers:

Installed:

The hardest part of this project had to be the inset doors. When I glued everything up, I checked and double-checked to make sure the frame was square. It was dead on... or so I thought. I must have bumped it before the glue set, because it was out of square 1.23 degrees, which was just enough to make the doors not fit. I ended up making new doors, but it was a real PITA and a letdown when I thought I was all done, but then had to go back and re-do the doors.

Thanks for looking.