Thread: Source for Smoked Acrylic

Source for Smoked Acrylic

Does anyone have a known source for smoked acrylic panels - especially if you have engraved on such and can report results.

Thanks, Pete
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Pete

As usual Delvies is the answer. This engraves like acrylic.

http://www.delviesplastics.com/mm5/m..._Acrylic_Sheet
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike, I thought I had looked at them, but I guess not. I looked at others but did not find what I wanted.

I will give Delvies a try.

Thanks again. Pete
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Pete

As usual Delvies is the answer. This engraves like acrylic.

http://www.delviesplastics.com/mm5/m..._Acrylic_Sheet
    Delvies is always the answer! I had a package arrive gouged (scratched the acrylic inside) and UPS told me they would take care of it, but call the company to let them know there was a damage claim. Delvies sent me a replacement before UPS even picked up the bad one, it arrived the next day! What a great company! And their products seem superior to everything else I've used.

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Delvies is great! They were recommended to me by a fellow "Creeker" awhile back.

Until then I was buying whole sheets and having them cut for transport.
    This limited the colors and thickness as it cost a fortune to have others cut a smaller piece.

Great selection and sizes!

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I have bought and used AC Ryan panels from performance-pcs.com ... can't speak for laser though, we used them for case mods without etchings. Didn't have any problems. ACRyan makes some solid panels, especially the UV ones ... but are a bit more $.

-Shawn

You might stop my Tap Plastics next time you are in the Bay Area, I think one of the two in San Jose are closest, but then again maybe Stockton. There you can see all of the various percentages of opacity, they have 5-6
    different smoked acrylics. They also sell scraps by the pound that are very handy for small jobs and experimenting.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

P95 Plexiglas is a nice smoked product. Anyone that sells Plexiglas could probably get it for you. I have no idea how it cuts with the laser, but I assume it cuts just fine.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Thanks to all for your inputs. Regarding Tap plastics, I hope to be going to San Jose area (Yes, I know the way) for the ShopBot camp and Maker Faire next month - not sure if the project will hold that long or not.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Pete