Thread: Vacuum Rave

Vacuum Rave

It isn't often that I find something that so greatly exceeds my expectations, but I have to rave about my latest purchase.

We just purchased a Nilfisk Alto Attix 50 HEPA vac to meet the new EPA rules on lead in remodeling that took effect today. It is by far the finest vac I've ever used. Really quiet, very well made, the accessories are durable and well designed, vac has unbelievable suction ( I was able to suck up some small tiles with it.) I have a Festool CT22 and a Fein Mini, and the Attix is vastly superior. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought the Attix 50 rather than the Festool.

We bought it from industrialvacs.com and Reade Bush, the owner is extremely helpful.

You's a happy man!

I had to Google it.

I think it's this guy:

http://www.alto-online.com/Products/...roduction.aspx

Sleek lines, too!

I have seen these raved about before. A tool that makes Festool look resonably priced! I am sure it is one heck of a vac though.

That's the one. The upright shape makes it more maneuverable than the Festool.

I bought the smaller version a few months ago. Frickin' awesome vac, I think it was still $300, but well worth it. A company I used to work for had them and I had been impressed ever since. My only complaint is the filter can clog quickly when sucking up really fine stuff like sheatrock dust.

I've been meaning to order a prefilter from these guys: http://www.outerwearsracing.com/ They don't have a one specific to the vac, but I think I found one that will work, and worst case they do custom made/sized ones for not much more.

Interesting; I had a cheap shop vac from Grainger's for over twenty years, and hated it each and every time I used it -- it was top heavy so would tip over at the least provocation, was as loud as a screaming banshee, a total POS in just about every way except it worked as a vacuum cleaner, sort of, so I kept the damn thing more out of inertia than anything else.

At the time I bought it, maybe 1981-82, I wasn't aware of too many other choices, although I really never researched the field.

so what cost are we talking about? (me being lazy and not googling it!)

It may be a nice vac, but I do not think that they are cheaper then any of the other high end vacs. I went to the site listed and this is the price for the 50 which a a 12 gallon unit. They do have a 8 gallon unit but the price for that drops only to $579.

You pay for quality.

Attix 50 (12 gallon) Hepa List Price: $945.00
    Our Price: $739.00

You pay for quality.
    Last edited by Scott Pearson; 04-23-2010 at 2:47 PM.